More Shaw Media channels

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
I wonder how long it will take other broadcasters in Canada to complain to the CRTC That Shaw Direct is favouring Shaw Media channels.

First Global Montreal
Coming Feb 1 - Global Maritimes + HGTV HD

I would think Rogers might have a case for City-Winnipeg to be added back. Back when they dropped Global Maritimes, CTV Edmonton, CBC Regina, CITY Winnipeg and Sun TV - The CTV station came back because of public pressure, CBC because of a CRTC ruling IIRC. Sun TV is sort of irrelevant now but I found it a little odd that Global-Montreal got added before the deleted Maritime station but Montreal is a larger market so that is the probable reason. Most of the dropped stations have been dealt with but we have one more Global Station than before they rationalized some of the duplicate stations. I would think they (Shaw) would make the effort for City-Winnipeg just to avoid the appearance of favouritism for standard broadcast stations.

For the specialties they could argue and maybe even show that the demand from the BDU's they supply with HD signals that HGTV was in demand.

CHMI (Citytv) Winnipeg is coming back sometime before September along with several other locals. Shaw and Bell have to make several more locals available by September 1, 2011. Transponder 15 on Anik F1 will be converted to 8PSK in a few months. At the same time the Seattle locals will be dropped from the line-up (with the exception of KSPS).

As noted over on Digital Home:

Live today:

HGTV HD - 254 Classic / 367 Advanced
Global Maritimes - 329 Classic / 60 Advanced
Global Montreal (Modulation change from 8PSK to QPSK) - 330 Classic / 59 Advanced.

All channels are now live and you should be able to direct tune. If you have an HDDSR 605 or HDPVR 630 and the channels do not appear in the Guide, perform a Front Panel Reset and they should appear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)