More Stupid CSR Tricks

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
More Stupid CSR Tricks ... not as entertaining as the tricks on Letterman, but certainly just as stupid.

My most recent issues are:
1. ESPN FullCourt (which I ordered in November 2008 for $99) has not been working for a few weeks on my receivers - it seems to have gone away when I upgraded from the 522 to 722 and added an HD package. Any attempt to view the FullCourt channels resulted in a "call Dish to order" message. I had been too busy to worry about the few weeks, but I wanted to get it working before the big conference tournaments this week.
2. Despite being promised by a CSR in February that I would get to try Platimum HD for 3 months for free, my recent bill showed a $10 charge and no credit for the package.

I first tried to resolve the FullCourt using online chat - the CSR told me that ESPN FullCourt had been "canceled" by ESPN for the year. :what I ended that conversation quickly.

I then called Dish last night to resolve both issues. The CSR "refreshed" my account to fix the FullCourt issue, and then claimed to add 3 $10 credits to my account to pay for the 3 months of Platinum HD ...

Which sounded good until I checked my account online this morning. Not only are there no credits pending on my account, but now there is an additional charge of $75 for FullCourt (which I had already paid for). Now I expect I will have to make multiple phone calls to remove the $75 FullCourt charge, which will probably screw up the package again, and who knows if I will ever the promised 3 free months of Platinum HD.

While I understand that "CSR Roulette" is a way of life at Dish, I'm still surprised at the incomptence shown in recent dealings with Dish CS.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll try one more phone call this morning and then go the e-mail route.

Note that I've also got a few smaller issues (never got the $10/mo. for 12 month promo promised me, overcharged a few dollars for annual Classic Gold programming) that I hesitate to even bring up with Dish, as I already learned to keep things simple with CS and only address one issue at a time. Alas, even that method doesn't appear to work anymore. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts