more than 2 Hoppers on an account

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
Simple question, will E* allow you to put more than 2 (purchased) Hopper receivers on an account - since obviously they will NOT let you put any other receivers than one 211k on???
I am only asking from a billing/policy standpoint; I understand technically that the 3 would NOT all be able to see each other, & you would need more dish feeds - asking from the aspect of needing more (recording) tuners... ;)

Simple question, will E* allow you to put more than 2 (purchased) Hopper receivers on an account - since obviously they will NOT let you put any other receivers than one 211k on???
I am only asking from a billing/policy standpoint; I understand technically that the 3 would NOT all be able to see each other, & you would need more dish feeds - asking from the aspect of needing more (recording) tuners... ;)

You can indeed have 3 on an account. The 3rd one has to be purchased and you need an advanced switch setup or multiple dishes to make them all function. I've set one of these up but left the 3rd Hopper isolated on its own node per the customer's request. There's actually a diagram floating around on here somewhere to make them all see eachother using what I believe is a duo node and two singles wired correctly. Not sure where that diagram is.

Last edited:

The three Hoppers can see each other if you run a jumper between the client ports on the two nodes.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

The three Hoppers can see each other if you run a jumper between the client ports on the two nodes.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Thanks. I was unclear on how to make that happen. I thought it required an extra solo node. Would love to see a picture of one wired up in a box if you had time.

Here it the diagram I would also like to see a picture of this setup installed.
3 Hopper Config.jpg

Oh WOW, did NOT know this...always learn something new here! :)
OK, so now that I know this - if you add Joey(s), will they see ALL 3 Hoppers then???

Yes, if the Joeys are connected by coax they will be able to see all three Hoppers. If you connect your Joeys by WiFi they will only see the Hopper they are linked to, which can be changed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)