more than one ipod touch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
if i have more than one ipod touch do i have to buy paid apps for eachone or can they be shared between the two?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Almost positive that you'll have to buy (2) copies of each app. I'm sure the App Store looks at 1) your account # and then 2) your device's S/N or some unique identifier. Easy way to find out.... Buy an app with one and then when you try and buy the same app with the 2nd touch, it will tell you you've already purchased this and it will be free.

The other option is to buy them through iTunes and try and sync the app to both iPods.

I don't think that is true. I have two ipod touches (an old 1G one and a new 3Gen one) and they have the same apps on them. I'll try to test it out when I get home to confirm.

Stuff I have bought from itunes in the past works on any ipod synched to my account.

I don't think that is true. I have two ipod touches (an old 1G one and a new 3Gen one) and they have the same apps on them. I'll try to test it out when I get home to confirm.

Stuff I have bought from itunes in the past works on any ipod synched to my account.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like I have been able to sync any content to both mine and my wifes. I have not really checked to be sure, but if I remember correctly, that is possible.

If you sync them both to the same itunes account you only buy the apps once and can have them on both. I think you can do with up to 5 devices or something.

You can actually authorize your itunes with multiple accounts and sync to multiple iphones/itouch on the same machine.

You can also buy an app on one of them and then download it to the other a minute later and it will tell you that since you already own it you can download another copy for free.

I currently have 2 iphones and 2 itunes accounts on the same mac and eveything syncs to each device with no problems.

I have my wifes iPhone and my iPhone and also my iPad and all sync apps and songs between each other. As long as it on the same iTunes account it will work. :)

I have my wifes iPhone and my iPhone and also my iPad and all sync apps and songs between each other. As long as it on the same iTunes account it will work. :)

Now would this still work if I have two iPods and two computers. Would each computer be able to download there own apps and music and then sync to each iPod

Guess what I ment was would this still work if I had two iTunes accounts or would i have to have just one iTunes account.

Could I have two computers each w there own iTunes account but yet be able to sync each iPod w each computer.

Guess what I ment was would this still work if I had two iTunes accounts or would i have to have just one iTunes account.

Could I have two computers each w there own iTunes account but yet be able to sync each iPod w each computer.

YOU can have five computers on ONE itunes account, but if you have different computers on different accounts, forget sharing stuff you purchased between devices. So, the answer is No. :)

This is what the Apple sales guy told me to do. He said unless there is some reason to use separate accounts, just have all your devices sync to one account then apps downloaded to any one device can be synced to all others on the account.

I have my Dell and my MacBook Pro and my ipad all on the same account. When you sync them you can load the files to each. Some people feel they need to have their wife on a separate account or kids on a separate account. While you can do that, you'll just be paying for stuff more than once. But if you feel the need, by all means do so as Apple is happy to take your money twice for the same thing. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)