More Two Hopper Qustions

eddwall

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
I am oogoing with two Hoppers & four Joeys, two Joeys per Hopper. I want to put in two Sling adapters, one for me and one for daughter in college. Ok.... The questions are (1) sling adapters only connect to hoppers? (2) can you stack two adapters on one hopper or would it have to be one hopper & one sling ? (3) Is the Hopper Ethernet only & Joey Ethernet + wifi capable ? (4) How does the HIC work and the pricing for it ? ( maybe interested ) I have a spot where the 2nd Hopper is going and if I need Ethernet there for my Sling, I need to look at extending my network via (new router/ wifi extenders/long hard difficult CAT5 run/ or HIC which I already have a RG-6 cable run) And (5) Will the slings have access to both Hoppers?

Thanks !!!

One thing to make you aware of is, you will have to pay $199 to get the second Hopper and may have to pay $99 for the fourth Joey.

Err- no, outdated. Haven't you posted just $99 or $100 for the second Hopper for current customers?

H/J now runs over coax only. They MIGHT advance to using RJ-45 one day. Might not.

Once the Hoppers are fully integrated, it shouldn't matter where you plug in the Slings.

Plug an Ethernet connection into a Hopper and you don't need the HIC, after full integration.

5- yes, after full integration, AFAIK.

NOW- I am projecting Ivory Soap odds (99 & 44/100% pure) that the full 2 Hopper full integration will occur. Still: Wait for it to happen before making your move.

navychop said:
Err- no, outdated. Haven't you posted just $99 or $100 for the second Hopper for current customers?

H/J now runs over coax only. They MIGHT advance to using RJ-45 one day. Might not.

Once the Hoppers are fully integrated, it shouldn't matter where you plug in the Slings.

Plug an Ethernet connection into a Hopper and you don't need the HIC, after full integration.

5- yes, after full integration, AFAIK.

NOW- I am projecting Ivory Soap odds (99 & 44/100% pure) that the full 2 Hopper full integration will occur. Still: Wait for it to happen before making your move.

Yes. What i posted was based on being a new customer. You would still need to pay for any Joey after the third regardless of being a new or existing customer.

Absolutely. But hopefully, that owned Joey could be activated and deactivated at will with no extra cost, other than full month fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)