mosaic channel and olympics app?

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
arent we suppose to that mosaic channel and app for the olympics?

Thanks

Allen

This is what Scott posted about a month ago during the retailer chat thread.

On to programming...

Talking about Olympics. 300 hours of coverage on NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC Sports Network and USA.

On Demand on the Hopper and ViP DVR's.

Interactive and Online via the Hopper, therewill be a SOCHI App on the Hopper, complete with Schedule and Medal count.

I see a Sochi app on my hopper right now?

image-1045693050.jpg

the sochi app is now on all they need to add the mosaic channel on channel 100.

Here is what I see now... HopView is not working yet though.

BTW nice Medal Count. :D

Attachments

• olympics.jpg
    olympics.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 271
  • olympics2.jpg
    olympics2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 256
  • olympics3.jpg
    olympics3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 261
  • olympics4.jpg
    olympics4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 257
When accessing the Sochi app, I see a selection for "DISH Hop View". But selecting "Watch Now" gives you Attention 140 - Unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available.

It appears that the mosaic will be six screens, however NBC is only using 5 channels for Olympic coverage. Wonder what the sixth will be?

The reason the mosaic isn't yet available may be due to the fact that multi-channel coverage doesn't really begin until Saturday.

Edit: Scott beat me to it!

BTW, the medal count appears to be left over from previous (2012?) Olympics.

It will be interesting to see if the Mosaic shows your local NBC station since it is one of the 5 stations. For the 6th screen maybe they will have a medal count screen or schedule?

mosaic is working right now the last channel on the mosaic is Universal sports network.

Yup Mosiac is up and so far only available through the app. I was expecting it to be available on channel 100 as well.

Here is a pic of it in action. Notice it appears that I do not have a subscription for Universal Sports Network... (I have top 250) I guess USN is part of the sports package which I do not have.

Attachments

• olympics5.jpg
    olympics5.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 263
Looking at it more now...

I wonder why there is no NBC logo on the screen? You think there should be one. And maybe an option to click it to be taken to your local NBC station.

Why is the NHL Network there? I dont believe NHL Network and Universal Sports Network will have any Olympic content.

good questions to scott i wonder what is going on with these stations that are on there.

Looking at it more now...

I wonder why there is no NBC logo on the screen? You think there should be one. And maybe an option to click it to be taken to your local NBC station.

Why is the NHL Network there? I dont believe NHL Network and Universal Sports Network will have any Olympic content.
Tony Stewart? NASCAR is in the Winter Olympics now? :eek:

It will be interesting to see if the Mosaic shows your local NBC station since it is one of the 5 stations. For the 6th screen maybe they will have a medal count screen or schedule?

I seem to remember the local NBC showing up during the previous Olympic mosaic. But, I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning....

Serious bug with the mosaic, it doesn't give an option to UNLOCK the channels to view them so if I want to use it I would need to go into the setting and remove the individual channel from the lock list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)