Most Hated Teams in History

There's my most hated team of all time.... Why?

Because they kicked the CRAP out of my team the last month of the 1978 season, and oh yeah, Bucky Bleepin' Dent!!! :rant::D

All kidding and bias aside, that Yankees team was in one word.............. CLUTCH!!!

Not in 1976 they weren't. Can you say SWEEP!

I am surprised none of the Steeler teams of the 70's were on the list, also I am surprised the Raiders did not have a higher ranking, and I think the 72 Soviet team should be number 1. I would add the Georgetown team of 84 to that list too.

Right now people are just hating on the way Lebron announced his decision...one of the lamest, most obnoxious hours of 'sports television' you will hopefully ever see. Everyone outside of south Florida wants one hour of their life back.

But don't worry, if Lebron keeps up his prima donna act the current Heat team will be climbing their way up the ladder. ;)

Sandra

No one in south florida actually enjoyed the hour. Truth be told, no one in Florida thought it would actually happen.

And I am curious by what you are insinuating with your last comment.:confused:

Here are the complete rankings:

1. 1986 University of Miami football

2. 1988-89 Detroit Pistons

3. 1992 Dallas Cowboys

4. 1974-75 Philadelphia Flyers

5. 1978 New York Yankees

6. 2007 New England Patriots

7. 1993-94 New York Knicks

8. 1976 Oakland Raiders

9. 1989-90 UNLV basketball

10. 1998-99 Manchester United

11. 1990 University of Miami football

12. 1991-92 Duke basketball

13. 1986 New York Mets

14. 1972 Soviet Union Olympic basketball

15. 2005 Southern California football

16. 1974 Oakland Athletics

17. 1993 Notre Dame football

18. 1976 East Germany women's swimming

19. 1919 Chicago White Sox

20. 2004 United States Olympic basketball

21. 2000-01 Portland Trail Blazers

22. 2001-02 Toronto Maple Leafs

23. 1983-84 Georgetown basketball

24. 1909 Detroit Tigers

25. 2010-11 Miami Heat

nice to see that miami is up there more than once :devil::devil: love it !!!!

nice to see that miami is up there more than once :devil::devil: love it !!!!

The Miami teams in the 80's really do deserve to be at the top of this list. Nothing but hot dogs and thugs with absolutely no class or any semblance of sportsmanship.

Other than that it really boils down to rivalries and teams that are dominant. I grew up a Giants fan (MLB) but had the utmost respect for both the Yankees and Dodgers in the 50's because they had great players and a lot of class. How could you not like Yogi?

The Miami teams in the 80's really do deserve to be at the top of this list. Nothing but hot dogs and thugs with absolutely no class or any semblance of sportsmanship.

Other than that it really boils down to rivalries and teams that are dominant. I grew up a Giants fan (MLB) but had the utmost respect for both the Yankees and Dodgers in the 50's because they had great players and a lot of class. How could you not like Yogi?
i won't deny many were thugs but it was still fun as hell to watch them play on the field. look at it this way, at least they were off the streets and on the field trying to do something better with their lives. very scary times here in places like carol city

Because they kicked everyones a$$ and and enjoyed doing it. The establishment did not like a bunch young black guys running havok all over college football.

Funny how people didn't show that kinda hate and lack of sportmanship when Oklahomas, Nebraskas and Texas teams of the college football world didn't have a issue with them running up 69-10 and 77-0 scores on other football programs.

Because they kicked everyones a$$ and and enjoyed doing it. The establishment did not like a bunch young black guys running havok all over college football.

Funny how people didn't show that kinda hate and lack of sportmanship when Oklahomas, Nebraskas and Texas teams of the college football world didn't have a issue with them running up 69-10 and 77-0 scores on other football programs.
thats why miami decided to do the same to those type of teams and it was great! :D

A lot of the teams on that list and ones I mentioned kicked a lot of butt, but at least did it with sportsmanship. Those Miami teams are the ones that prompted the taunting rules in college football, and unfortunately started the hot dogging that somehow players started associating with winning.

I've been in the stands watching Oklahoma and Nebraska run up scores against my team but they never rubbed it in and danced around in the end zone or got in anyone's face (that was years ago before the hot dog mentality became pervasive). They simply were far superior in talent and speed and their 2nd strings weren't that far a dropoff.

A lot of the teams on that list and ones I mentioned kicked a lot of butt, but at least did it with sportsmanship. Those Miami teams are the ones that prompted the taunting rules in college football, and unfortunately started the hot dogging that somehow players started associating with winning.

I've been in the stands watching Oklahoma and Nebraska run up scores against my team but they never rubbed it in and danced around in the end zone or got in anyone's face (that was years ago before the hot dog mentality became pervasive). They simply were far superior in talent and speed and their 2nd strings weren't that far a dropoff.

So running up the score is not considered unsportmanship to you...?:rolleyes: Call them cocky, call them braggers and hell, call them hotdogs....but explain thugs?

I think it was more due to the TAUNTING that went on that caused the issues and hatred.

A lot of teams win...in fact, they did a study and there is usually a winner in every game. You can google it. ;)

You can run up the score, or you can run up the score and taunt the other team while you're doing it. Big difference.

Sandra

Last edited:
I think it was more due to the TAUNTING that went on that caused the issues and hatred.

Yeah...but to taunt...you have to be doing something right....and that was winning. Personally, I was not a fan of the taunting....

A lot of teams win...in fact, they did a study and there is usually a winner in every game. You can google it. ;)

You can run up the score, or you can run up the score and taunt the other team while you're doing it. Big difference.

Sandra

A good part of why the leagues are where they are today. (attitude wise).

No respect anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts