Most Hated Teams in History

A good part of why the leagues are where they are today. (attitude wise).

No respect anymore.
Actually, today it's quite the opposite. Most sports, amateur and professional, have instituted rules and penalties for taunting behavior.

And, in HS sports at least, it's harder to run up scores with mercy rules in softball & baseball, and clock rules in football....

A lot of teams win...in fact, they did a study and there is usually a winner in every game. You can google it. ;)

You can run up the score, or you can run up the score and taunt the other team while you're doing it. Big difference.

Sandra

...wow....I will with try to not justify that post.....**must try to not be as condescending..

Actually, today it's quite the opposite. Most sports, amateur and professional, have instituted rules and penalties for taunting behavior.

And, in HS sports at least, it's harder to run up scores with mercy rules in softball & baseball, and clock rules in football....

Certainly understandable to have rules like that at the high school level and below. You would think at major college and the NFL, however, players would have respect for each other. You can't be better than Barry Sanders, and of course everyone remembers all the times he taunted his opponents. ;)

Sandra

Now it is, but 2 years ago it wasn't ...

Because they kicked everyones a$$ and and enjoyed doing it. The establishment did not like a bunch young black guys running havok all over college football.

Funny how people didn't show that kinda hate and lack of sportmanship when Oklahomas, Nebraskas and Texas teams of the college football world didn't have a issue with them running up 69-10 and 77-0 scores on other football programs.

They didn't beat Penn State. LMAO!!!!!!!!:D

Theres STILL taunting going on TODAY, just not as much.
That's my point!! It's nowhere near as bad as it once was.

You're never going to totally make it go away, but enough rules and penalties have been added in the last few years to help the situation. If anything, they've gone too far to take the fun out of the game. Just look at all the UC calls in CFB after a team scores....

I have no problems with teams that keep on playing and scoring, I have seen folks moan about it when second teams are moving up and down the field. Play some D and stop them.

I have no problems with teams that keep on playing and scoring, I have seen folks moan about it when second teams are moving up and down the field. Play some D and stop them.
There are days when you can't help but run up the score. Even when the coach tells the offense to sit on the ball, special teams and defense still score. That 77-0 game could have been so much worse. There was no scoring after the 3rd quarter.

That's my point!! It's nowhere near as bad as it once was.

You're never going to totally make it go away, but enough rules and penalties have been added in the last few years to help the situation. If anything, they've gone too far to take the fun out of the game. Just look at all the UC calls in CFB after a team scores....

Hey, if were on the SAME side of this ...why are we arguing ?

There are days when you can't help but run up the score. Even when the coach tells the offense to sit on the ball, special teams and defense still score. That 77-0 game could have been so much worse. There was no scoring after the 3rd quarter.

If your playing your 2nd and 3rd teams, I got no problem with it.
If you got a huge lead and your 1st string in and still throwing the ball..... :rolleyes:

This is just my opinion, but had LeBron either stayed in Cleveland or gone to a different team than Miami, I don't think there'd be much hatred for the Heat if they were rolling out a Wade/Bosh duo.

This is just my opinion, but had LeBron either stayed in Cleveland or gone to a different team than Miami, I don't think there'd be much hatred for the Heat if they were rolling out a Wade/Bosh duo.

The hate is not as much to Miami but more toward Miami hitting the triple crown. IF anyone ELSE would have gotten the triple crown and sign the top three free agents, they would have gotten the wrath of everyone's hate.

But truth be told, Miami fans are use to being hated because of The U. So believe me when I tell you this....and I mean this totally, Miami fans do not care and LOVE the fact that they will be hated by everyone.:cool: This is NOT a "stop hurting my feelings because you say negative things about me" type of town.

Correct the year the Pats were going for it on fourth downs and not kicking field goals, there was so much complaing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts