Most Of The Guide Is "No Info Available"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
Like 90% of the Guide is not showing anything known. I did a reboot and forced a download, still like it was before, adding a few shows. What gives?

A reboot doesn't usually force a guide download, do a switch test and that should force the guide to reload.

yep, had the same issue yesterday on my 722k. reboot did not work, but check switch did.
don't know if it was because I had a recording scheduled at the time it d/l's guide info or not.

You will only see the current and next program until the guide fills in. Usually you can force a fill-in by moving the select right hours (arrow) or days (skip). It may require going nearly the 8-day out. This will be only a little faster than a switch check but you may be able to continue recording although the current tuner is used to fetch the guide so you may need to swap in single mode, untried.

-Ken

To get the guide to download you can press 999 Browse in the guide. It will force the guide to download. If it does not work then the current guide it downloaded. This was told to me by a Dish Network Tech Support. It should work on all receivers. I have 2 VIP622's and 2 VIP612's and it work for all of them when I get INFO NOT Available. It is faster than going to the menu and doing a check switch every time

My 722 has had the same problem a few times in the last couple of weeks. Each time had to do a check switch to get it to download manually. Has there been another software download or something causing glitches?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts