Most Usefull invention ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
While sitting on my thinking seat a few minutes ago I ponderd this question. What is the most useful invention we have? Then after getting up from the chair and seeing the carnage done, I simpley pulled the handle and away it went..

For obvious reasons my oppion of the most usefull invention is "Indoor Plumbing" second maybe to the bathroom exhaust fan..

What do you beleive is mankinds most usefull invention...

Well then travelin' man, I would be far more basic than that and have to give the award of the best invention ever to the Wheel. :)

Second prize to the lever.

Clothes, they keep you warm when its cold, keep you dry when it rains, protects you from minor scrapes, keeps bugs and animals from harming you, has pockets to hold things, atracts members of the opposite sex ( or same for that matter ), hides unsightly bulges and folds, can be used in cases of emergencies as flotation device, water storage, food storage, to fend off a dangerous animal, bandages for wounds, lashings for splints, to make rope, as shelter, to keep the sun from burning your skin, to ward off members of the opposite sex, and to camoflage you.

In the 20th century : the televison. It keeps the masses at home at night for no costs to the consumer with ota reception. It keeps the prisoners calm in the prisons and gives them something to do. It gives the nursing home patients something to watch while they are waiting to die. It educates in the schools with educational shows & movies. IT entertains, informs and educates and occupies the masses. IT is the most widely used invention I have heard of next to the car and the computer.

Well, if you believe in the Bible, then I would say women.

Electricity (and light bulb) which later leads to electronics such as television and computer. Automobiles.

Let me change mine, there are two.

First is the baby sitter, who else can give you and your wife a break from the life sucking hell spawn that clawed its way out of your wifes womb but a baby sitter.

Second is earplugs for when your wife is blaming you at the top of her lungs for how that same demon posessed terror is all your fault because she takes after you.

Oh and to add a third would be the car wich takes you away from it all if not but for an hour at the most to the local store to get ice cream to soothe the two savage beasts enough to allow you an additional twenty minutes of peace and quiet.

Let me change mine, there are two.

First is the baby sitter, who else can give you and your wife a break from the life sucking hell spawn that clawed its way out of your wifes womb but a baby sitter.

Second is earplugs for when your wife is blaming you at the top of her lungs for how that same demon posessed terror is all your fault because she takes after you.

Oh and to add a third would be the car wich takes you away from it all if not but for an hour at the most to the local store to get ice cream to soothe the two savage beasts enough to allow you an additional twenty minutes of peace and quiet.
Bad morning?

Bad morning?

Many of them lately stretching on throughout the day, my daughter whom I love very much is becoming a monster as she leaves the terrible two's and heads into the terrifying three's. The family and I was at wally world today when she started into a series of meltdowns with the last one being so bad that we up and left the shopping cart where it was at and I took her straight out to the van and we left. We have no help here ( mother and stepfather wont babysit even for a few hours ) and Im just not making enough money to pay a baby sitter at this time and I dont know if I want a stranger watching my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)