Most wanted HD Channels Survey

Of these 10 most popular SD channels, which do you most want in HD (please only vote up to 3 channel

• AMC (American Movie Classics)

Votes: 96 50.3%
  • FMC (Fox Movie Channel)

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • BBCA (BBC America)

Votes: 83 43.5%
  • TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

Votes: 59 30.9%
  • History International

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • DIY (Do It Yourself)

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • Nat Geo Wild

Votes: 47 24.6%
  • IFC (Independent Film Channel)

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • TruTV

Votes: 49 25.7%
  • E!

Votes: 32 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
AMC
FMC
TCM

I don't watch AMC but voted for those that want it in HD since I've read many posts that refer to a show there? "Mad Men"? I've never seen it.

After the 1st 2 votes, I didn't have interest in a 3rd one.

Nonetheless, TruTV HD is NOT coming in time for March Madness.

...did I say THIS YEAR'S NCAA tourney? no?

You've made it clear that it's not coming for this March. Fine. Doesn't mean it's not needed or wanted.

My question is this...how much would DTV charge. I understand the issue of bandwidth for HD. But how much would DTV charge for adding all channels they could not just the three in the poll but all the channels in HD, including TvOne?

Give me AMC and HBO Comedy and I'll be pretty contant with everything else we have for a long time ;-)

I guess in my list it'd be:
1. AMC
2. HBO Comedy
3. More Cinemaxes

Doesn't mean it's not needed or wanted.
I think most would agree that outside of the 13 games that will be shown this year, relatively few are otherwise interested in TruTV.

Has Turner already said they will carry games on TruTV in successive seasons?

I think it folly to hold one's breath and stamp one's feet over a few games of basketball (or soccer or hockey) when the net benefit is next to nil.

That being said, I can't argue that the biggest upsets usually happen in the first round. ;)

I would like FSN Ohio in FULL TIME HD.
I know you guys probably already get your RSN in HD, but I`d just like to get to that level.
College football, basketball, etc. on my RSN in HD, with no sports pack needed...........

I would like FSN Ohio in FULL TIME HD.
I know you guys probably already get your RSN in HD, but I`d just like to get to that level.
College football, basketball, etc. on my RSN in HD, with no sports pack needed...........

You and me both. FSN Cincy in my area though

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I thought I read, from Wikipedia.org, that an HD feed of Fox Movie Channel is not yet available.

Last edited:
I think it folly to hold one's breath and stamp one's feet over a few games of basketball (or soccer or hockey) when the net benefit is next to nil.

I see you have your hyperbole machine cranked up again.

DS0816 said:
I thought I read, from Wikipedia.org, that an HD feed of Fox Movie Channel is not yet available.

It must be going live the first week of march. Our local cable company is launching it 3/1, along with BBC America HD. I only get what's in ClearQAM on our cable since I don't pay for their box (already pay DirecTV enough).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)