Most wanted HD Channels Survey

Of these 10 most popular SD channels, which do you most want in HD (please only vote up to 3 channel

• AMC (American Movie Classics)

Votes: 96 50.3%
  • FMC (Fox Movie Channel)

Votes: 44 23.0%
  • BBCA (BBC America)

Votes: 83 43.5%
  • TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

Votes: 59 30.9%
  • History International

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • DIY (Do It Yourself)

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • Nat Geo Wild

Votes: 47 24.6%
  • IFC (Independent Film Channel)

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • TruTV

Votes: 49 25.7%
  • E!

Votes: 32 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You cant go by Wikipedia anyways, its not a reliable source as anyone can update it.

It's pretty accurate actually. They use bots to catch egregious changes and there are a lot of volunteers (I thought you would appreciate that!) that fact check many of the changes. I'm sure there are mistakes that get through, though.

I think one thing rings clear in this thread, a significant majority of customers want AMC-HD and BBCA in HD.

DirecTV, - it is pretty clear, get on it.

The interesting thins missed in this thread is that DBSTalk's poll is saying the channel options are copied from an ACTUAL poll that DIRECTV sent to select customers. That's why they didn't include AMC in the poll.

So... it begs the question, why did DIRECTV leave "AMC" out of their own poll? The speculation is that DIRECTV already knows it's in high demand and has plans to add it. I don't doubt they do, so I accept this. I'm sure we'll see AMC in HD before the next season of Mad Men starts.

In HD I want AMC and BBCA, plus TCM and Fox Movies...

spartanstew said:
You really needed a poll to glean that tidbit?

Well DirecTV obviously does, as they are utterly CLUELESS. If they knew what people wanted, maybe we would have those channels. Other providers had no problem getting those channels in HD, so what makes DirecTV any different? Incompetence? Just out of touch with their customers? It's not money, their cash flow is outstanding and they still raised rates this year. It's not bandwidth, D12 has plenty of space on it. Do they just not know that some of these channels have an HD version?

cypherstream said:
Well DirecTV obviously does, as they are utterly CLUELESS. If they knew what people wanted, maybe we would have those channels. Other providers had no problem getting those channels in HD, so what makes DirecTV any different? Incompetence? Just out of touch with their customers? It's not money, their cash flow is outstanding and they still raised rates this year. It's not bandwidth, D12 has plenty of space on it. Do they just not know that some of these channels have an HD version?

CEO Mike White doesn't like to watch any of the missing HD channels. Directv only adds what Mike likes! :-(

I decided to send them an email this weekend about BBCAHD. I figure if everyone was sending emails in or calling about channels it might help affect change...

Thank you for asking about BBC America in HD!

We don't have any news about upcoming HD channels today but you can expect more information about new HD channels when our newest satellite is fully operational later this year. You can find the latest news and programming information at DIRECTV: Latest DIRECTV News.

Thanks again for writing and for giving us the chance to address to your inquiry.

So we just have to wait for the newest satellite to become fully operational later this year and then we are in like Flint with new HD! ;)

25 carried in SD which should be made available in HD on DirecTV

1) AMC HD
2) BBCAM HD
3) TCM HD
4) truTV HD
5) HLN HD
6) IFC HD
7) LMN HD
8) HInt'l HD
9) E! HD
10) Style HD
11) OWN HD
12) ID HD
13) QVC HD
14) HSN HD
15) DIY HD
16) COOK HD
17) WE HD
18) gmc HD
19) LOGO HD
20) CENTRC HD
21) OVAT HD
22) REELZ HD
23) OUTCH HD
24) SPORTSM HD
25) GSN HD

* FMC HD (I'm not clear if, or when, it is available; so I have a special mark by it that doesn't rank)

What about Headline news in HD, not a very popular channel, though its one I would not mind in HD

DirecTV is playing a game of purposely holding back in adding HD of some real basics that competition carries and that are made available to suscribers only in SD.

I'd really like to see BBCA go HD before April 23rd.

Doctor-Who-Season-6.jpg

Of course, the odds do not favor such an outcome.

I want CLTV HD

Oh Joe, you made my day. My son works for CLTV/WGN. I also wish the Superstation would carry the WGN weekend morning news, too. Of course I'm in CA so my chances of ever seeing CLTV out here are slim, but I'd love to see DTV carry it in the Chicago area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts