Motel 6 Selects DISH’s smartbox™ to Deliver In-Room Entertainment

I learn something every day. So if most of the hotel TVs are all set up for HD, why am I frequently disappointed to find several channels in analog SD? Most often, locals? Is this just because of legacy headend junk at each property that won't be replaced until it dies?

Because a system is around $10,000 to properly show HD in a hotel environment and Mr. Patel who is charging you $100 per night to stay at his hotel doesn't want to pay that type of money.

I got a Hampton inn right now that just got in trouble with corporate because a customer filed a complaint against them using the Hampton 100% money back guarantee.

The guy took HD receivers, put the channel on an HD channel so the logo/ watermark shows "HD" in the lower corner of the screen but is broadcasting the channel to the rooms using standard definition modulators.

Now this guy has Hampton inn threatening to take away his franchise because the franchise had a requirement 2 years ago that all the channels had to be in HD.

And, yeah, as a hotel guest, whether my employer is paying over $200/night or whether I booked a cheap online rate under $100/night for self pay, I expect all the channels to be in HD :D

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)