motor elevation bolt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoneShark

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Northern VA
When lining up the elevation on the motor, should the line be in the middle of the bolt, towards the top or towards the bottom. I have an SG2100

use the red line instead of the bolt to line up... Read the manual. There should be a chart in there.

Last edited:
There's a 'tick' mark inside the 'track' that the motor bolt goes through, it points to the latitude scale. Use that 'tick' to point to your latitude. It looks like a thin arrow.

I thoroughly checked the motor but did not see any arrow marks or line indicators. However, the two bolts on either sides (elevation/longitude) have pointed washers in between the bolt and the motor. I am wondering if I should use that instead. I am referring to the two washers on the bottom right of this pic.

Attachments

• DiSEqC13.jpg
    DiSEqC13.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 105
Basically, when you put the motor together, the elevation slider will have one area near the front (closer to the dish than to the mount connecting it all to the roof) that you can see through because there won't be any metal blocking the line of sight to see stuff through the slider like a window sort of... near that open area is some sort of red marking that may be difficult for you to see, especially, if like me, you are color blind. It is there. Use it. Also, be sure that you have both the elevation and declination set. If you have no idea what a declination is, refer to your manual.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)