MOTOR POSITIONER & SERVO CONTROLLER

Status
Please reply by conversation.

omardjcu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Hi guys:
Here are some pic of my new project, i ensamble the Satellite Polarotor Servo whit the Arduino board from the budfoot , I take my V-BOX 7 and the other board and I put then in the same box amd I plan to put this next to my 10 ft like this i just have to sen 36 vdc to this box and the rest it is don inside , but i have a problem i can't make the servo control work i think it is because the Arduino board need to be program but there i don't have to much information can some one tell my how to program this board or what can be the problem. thank

Attachments

• posicioner & servo control 018.JPG
    posicioner & servo control 018.JPG
    884 KB · Views: 479
  • posicioner & servo control 012.JPG
    posicioner & servo control 012.JPG
    689.3 KB · Views: 448
  • posicioner & servo control 008.JPG
    posicioner & servo control 008.JPG
    606.5 KB · Views: 404
  • posicioner & servo control 022.JPG
    posicioner & servo control 022.JPG
    828.3 KB · Views: 351
  • posicioner & servo control 021.JPG
    posicioner & servo control 021.JPG
    868.8 KB · Views: 417
  • servo_controler.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Satellite_Servo.pdf
    56.5 KB · Views: 439
but i have a problem i can't make the servo control work i think it is because the Arduino board need to be program but there i don't have to much information can some one tell my how to program this board or what can be the problem. thank

Yes you need to program the Arduino chip on the RBBB board. If you have the hardware built, you are past the hardest part. On the budfoot.com website you will find the source code to use with the Arduino compiler. http://budfoot.com/Servo/Satellite_Servo.pde There is also a link to the Arduino website where you can download the Arduino development environment. Once you have compiled this program, you need to use the USB-BUB board USB BUB I | Modern Device as an interface between your computer and the RBBB board. The USB-BUB has a header that plugs right onto the header on the RBBB board. I believe (it's been a long time since I did this) that you select the Diecemila board in the tools menu (that's the bootloader on the RBBB according to the Modern Device website) and then file/upload to I/O board .

Budfoot

heresy, you say?

That re-packaging gives me some ideas.
I especially like the external 36v AC ! - :up
Easy to hook to something like a transformer pulled from an old Analog receiver on its way to the trash.
They had very robust motor power, unlike the G & V boxes of today.

Suppose you could use a transformer out of a dead 4Dtv receiver, too.
Though, I believe they only put out 24v, they're still robust and up to the task! :)
So, if you have one that's lost its mind, or its remote, there's still use for some of its guts. - :up

edit: oops...
I don't have any 4Dtv receivers.
I only assume they have a big transformer.
Maybe they're new enough to have a modern switching power supply.
If so, no transformer. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)