Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xevious2K

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Guilford, CT
Greets all,

I have a Stab HH120 motor and my true south bird is AMC6 at 72*. I can't get to G10R at 123* because the motor wan't go any further west. Is there any way I can fix this so I can see the entire arc from 61.5* to 148*?

Thanks

seriously though...in your area 148 is at a 1.7 elevation :)

G10 is at a 20 elevation on a fixed dish...thats getting pretty low

Did you try using 1.2? On my SG2100 it'll go further via 1.2 than USALS would go. You should be able to see WELL east of 61.5! If 1.2 will get you there you might even get as far as NSS 7 (22W) LOS allowing! Your elevation numbers are in the plus all the way to 1W.

If it won't motor over to G10R then you might be the next member to get started on their dish farm :).

Shawn

Iceberg said:
move to the midwest where the TS is 93 or 95 :)
Thanks Ice, I've been telling my wife that we should move to OK. This may be just the thing to convince her. :haha

Shawn95GT said:
If it won't motor over to G10R then you might be the next member to get started on their dish farm :).
Wouldn't it be nice if we could have 2 motorized dishes on 1 receiver.

OK, So how about this. I have a Pansat 3500s, What if I lie to the receiver and change my longitude from 72.4 to 91.4 and use G11 at 91.0W as my true south bird? Will it still track the arc properly?

Thanks guys,

Xevious2K said:
Wouldn't it be nice if we could have 2 motorized dishes on 1 receiver.

OK, So how about this. I have a Pansat 3500s, What if I lie to the receiver and change my longitude from 72.4 to 91.4 and use G11 at 91.0W as my true south bird? Will it still track the arc properly?

Thanks guys,
It won't help. To track the arc the motor has to be pointed to True South. All changing the Long will do is mess up USALS. If the motor can do it, it should get there via 1.2. If you are otherwise tracking the arc it should just be a matter of nudging the dish west until the respective transponder shows signal.

Xevious2K said:
Greets all,

I have a Stab HH120 motor and my true south bird is AMC6 at 72*. I can't get to G10R at 123* because the motor wan't go any further west. Is there any way I can fix this so I can see the entire arc from 61.5* to 148*?

Thanks

Swap out the HH120 for a SG2100, which can go 70 degrees East or West. Then offset another lnb on the dish to get the 148 position.

Use the calculator at
http://www.gaaps.com.tw/
to see how far your motor has to turn to see the sat.
1 degree of rotation on the motor does not equal 1 degree of movement on the arc of the satellite belt.
Your motor may not have enough rotation, or you may have a limit set. The Stab HH120 has a rotation of +/-65 deg., with mechanical limits of +/-70 deg..

Larry,

According to the calculator, I need 55.7 degrees. According to the manual, I have 55.0 degrees. I'm just shy by .7 degrees. I may have to swap the dishes and Put an SG motor on my 80cm and fix mount the 120cm for some NASA C-Band on AMC6.

Thanks All,

I'll try the 80cm on the Stab 120 with USALS and see if there's a difference this weekend. I've been concerned that the weight of the 120cm may be throwing things off a bit. The motor seems a bit strained when it has to move that far.

Besides, I've been looking for an excuse to slap on the c-band lnb I got from PSB and see if I can get NASA on AMC6.

Larry1 said:
From the Stab site
http://www.stab-italia.com/inglese/rotorsat_eng/rotorsat_eng_hh120.html

The Stab HH120 has a rotation of +/-65 deg., with mechanical limits of +/-70 deg.. Unless they have changed their motor.... but if your manual states 55deg, then it is just shy. Check for any limits that may be set on your IRD.

Yes on the paper it have +/-65. I have also a HH120 and can go only to +/-55º and 1º on the rotation, it's not 1º on the arc. I replace it with the SG 2100 and now I can receive all the Sat's on the KU Band.

Saludos
Hiebert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)