Motor Suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well I think my motor might be acting up. It is a Digi Power Sg2100 that is about 2 years old. Any suggestions on a motor that might be better than the SG2100? I have a 90cm dish on the motor. Thanks for your help!

I might add I figured out the issue - If I motor from my TSS to the east, I get lower to no signals on a satellite. When I caome from the east and motor to the west I can 20-30% in SQ. I remember the other day watching my motor turn outside, that around my TSS - 93w as it was moving to the east it kind of "hiccuped" - like a tooth in a gear was missing. Not sure if that is the issue, but something is. My highly uneducated guess would be the motor.

I have one of these DG380 motors, since April, and am happy with it. It's moving a .90primestar with ease. It's the first H-H motor I've bought so I can't compare with anything else, but so far it holds up to its advertising. Seems to be a well-made motor, strong, very accurate, and quiet.

I will check that one out. My motor is not that old.....did not see heavy use. I am toying with the idea of having a non motorized set up.....

Looks like I need the Powertech 280B - that is the one with the 42mm tube :) I think this is the one I will be getting.

iafirebuff,

I bought the DG-380 along with a 42mm tube and switched out the 55mm that came with it. About a 5-10 minute job.

It's a little overkill for my 30" dish, but handles it with ease ... excellent build quality ... and the automatic zero backlash is nice to have IMO.

iafirebuff,

I bought the DG-380 along with a 42mm tube and switched out the 55mm that came with it. About a 5-10 minute job.

It's a little overkill for my 30" dish, but handles it with ease ... excellent build quality ... and the automatic zero backlash is nice to have IMO.

overkill is great because one of these days you are going to upgrade to a 120cm dish and you'll be all set for the motor you'll use! :D

I'm glad I got a stab120 for my first motor even though I had a 90cm. When I went to 120cm, that motor was fine.

It's the same reason I bought the DG380 - I figure that 90cm may get upgraded some day and I won't have to buy another motor when I do the upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)