Motorhome Installattion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

presbull

Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
near Houston, TX
Just bought a new motorhome with a Tracvision R5SL antenna. I have five Sony Bravia TV sets which can each receive separate channels with a coax connection from an OTA antenna. I would like to install a satellite receiver (either DirecTV or Dish, I have DirecTV at home). I understand that I cannot receive HD from DirecTV on the Tracvision antenna. I would like to receive satellite on two of the TV sets. There is only one coax coming from the satellite antenna. There are no wiring diagrams from the coach manuafacturer. Where do I start, what hardware, etc do I need to accomplish this. Is it possible to use a spare standard definition DirecTv DVR with two inputs? Please help me get started or point me in the proper direction!!

I think you need a "master receiver selector",

presbull said:
Just bought a new motorhome ... I have five Sony Bravia TV sets

5 TVs in a motorhome?? I thought the whole point of a motorhome was to get out and see the outdoors.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Usually you have a Main Tv and one the is in the bedroom when you get a Motorhome, unless you have a REALLY. Big Motorhome.
How big is yours and why so many ?

While the Tracvision is nice, how often would you be watching D* while going down the road.
The fact that no one has a unit like this that does HD yet makes getting your best picture when your watching difficult.
Also the fact that buying a SD TV any more is difficult to impossible.

The other issue you may have using it is having a signal from timeto time, you can't always find a camp site that doesn't put you in a tree covered area, where you would not have a signal.

The last issue is why I prefer to do my own set upof the SL3 !

I'm still waiting for the CUBE to come out with a HD version, that's a neet idea.... it finds the Sat automatically as well, but currently only SD.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
I'm with Jimbo. Went camping a week ago at Lassen and a friend had a new roof mount auto-aiming system that got nada. Using my trusty TV4RV.com HD Combo Kit I found about an eight foot notch in trees and got signal. I wouldn't settle for less than HD. For that you need a Slimline on a tripod or a Winegard Trav'ler on your roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts