MotorHome single LNB does not pull in signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zebra54

Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I have a single LNB dish that worked great with my old Direct tv service. I have since updated to a SWM system and the dvr they gave me in exchange for the receiver I used in the motor home will not find a signal. I used the old receiver and locked on to the signal at 95%... then attached the new receiver (R22-100) and it did not recognize the satillite. Do I have to upgrade my Satellite Dish on the Motor Home?? in the receiver setup, I changed the dish type to 18" round single LNB and the switch types, but could not pull the signal.. anybody have any ideas???

I have a single LNB dish that worked great with my old Direct tv service. I have since updated to a SWM system and the dvr they gave me in exchange for the receiver I used in the motor home will not find a signal. I used the old receiver and locked on to the signal at 95%... then attached the new receiver (R22-100) and it did not recognize the satillite. Do I have to upgrade my Satellite Dish on the Motor Home?? in the receiver setup, I changed the dish type to 18" round single LNB and the switch types, but could not pull the signal.. anybody have any ideas???

try resetting the r 22 ... may have to do it a few times ... you need to set it to the 18" dish ....... when you do swm the recvr does not put out a voltage ... i a reg system you need this voltage to power the lnb

+

IF you are using the motor home interior wire you need to check for splitters.

Then...is the mast plumb?

They are famous for fitting and wire damage.

Joe

The wire is good... comes directly from dish on roof... ebms1: I only get two options for the switch.. swm and multi... so if I change it to multi it should work??? just got to keep trying?... I did notice every time I restarted the receiver it did not save my dish type (18" round).. but thanks, I'll give that a try!!!

+

IF you are using the motor home interior wire you need to check for splitters.

Then...is the mast plumb?

They are famous for fitting and wire damage.

Joe

If the original set up had a working D* set up in there, there would also not be any splitters in the line as it would not have worked in the first place.

The wire is good... comes directly from dish on roof... ebms1: I only get two options for the switch.. swm and multi... so if I change it to multi it should work??? just got to keep trying?... I did notice every time I restarted the receiver it did not save my dish type (18" round).. but thanks, I'll give that a try!!!

As mentioned above, you said your using a SWM set up now.
IF that is correct, you need your Power Inserter (PI) to get any power to the LNB, till then you will not show any thing.

IF your PI is in place, then when you go thru the Reset Sat Recvr process, when you get to the screen that asks for the Dish type, the SWM set up SHOULD default to the SWM set up.

IF this is NOT happening, if you can change it, it should be set for Slimline 3S or Slimline 5S (I think the SWM once had a 5 lnb setting as well, but don't remember for sure).

So your gonna want it set for probably Slimline 3S for "Dish Type" and "Switch Type" will now be "SWM" not multiswitch.
Tuners would be Dual if your using a DVR, Single otherwise.

You said inan earlier post that you were using a SWM set up.
Now if your using an 18" set up like also mentioned I think, that's entirely different.

As mentioned above, you said your using a SWM set up now.
IF that is correct, you need your Power Inserter (PI) to get any power to the LNB, till then you will not show any thing.

IF your PI is in place, then when you go thru the Reset Sat Recvr process, when you get to the screen that asks for the Dish type, the SWM set up SHOULD default to the SWM set up.

IF this is NOT happening, if you can change it, it should be set for Slimline 3S or Slimline 5S (I think the SWM once had a 5 lnb setting as well, but don't remember for sure).

So your gonna want it set for probably Slimline 3S for "Dish Type" and "Switch Type" will now be "SWM" not multiswitch.
Tuners would be Dual if your using a DVR, Single otherwise.

You said inan earlier post that you were using a SWM set up.
Now if your using an 18" set up like also mentioned I think, that's entirely different.

i think what he means about changing to swm was his home setup ... & he use to take one of his recvrs in the mobile home .... anyway ... yes the multi is what you want ...he is getting signal with the old recvr yet ...

i think what he means about changing to swm was his home setup ... & he use to take one of his recvrs in the mobile home .... anyway ... yes the multi is what you want ...he is getting signal with the old recvr yet ...

Ok, now I'm confused.
I thought it said he had an old dish set up on the RV and now went to the SWM, is that how you took it ?

Maybe not ?
I guess we need to know for sure ....

Ok, now I'm confused.
I thought it said he had an old dish set up on the RV and now went to the SWM, is that how you took it ?

Maybe not ?
I guess we need to know for sure ....

well i took it for what he meant ... not what he said ....

the title said that his single lbn in the motor home is not now working ...

i think he got a new setup at home ...

well i took it for what he meant ... not what he said ....

the title said that his single lbn in the motor home is not now working ...

i think he got a new setup at home ...

Now I took it that he was changing the Motorhome from one set up to the SWM. :confused:

Now I took it that he was changing the Motorhome from one set up to the SWM. :confused:

I understood it the other way. If the rig did work in the motor home the wire is ok. IF the motor home is a new project the wire & fittings have to be checked.

The other issue is the dish selection. There is a 3 LNB (3 Phase) SD dish, There is a slimline 5LNB dish. There is a 5LNB slimline with three horns. Then there is a slimline with 3 LNB
& two flavors of slimline SWM dishes. One of those is the correct dish.

Joe

I understood it the other way. If the rig did work in the motor home the wire is ok. IF the motor home is a new project the wire & fittings have to be checked.

The other issue is the dish selection. There is a 3 LNB (3 Phase) SD dish, There is a slimline 5LNB dish. There is a 5LNB slimline with three horns. Then there is a slimline with 3 LNB
& two flavors of slimline SWM dishes. One of those is the correct dish.

Joe

I thought he said the old rig worked in the MH, so I presumed that the cable was OK, no splitters.

Yes, your right there are a TON of different dishes out there. :D

I think we'll need more info from the OP about this as to what EXACTLY he has and is trying to do.

Thanks guys... em1... changing it to multiswitch worked! For clarification, I have swm at home and the single lnb at the motor home and I changed the setup for the MH DVR to multi-switch and that put power to the LNB and brought the signal in!!!

Again, thanks for all your help!!!!

Thanks guys... em1... changing it to multiswitch worked! For clarification, I have swm at home and the single lnb at the motor home and I changed the setup for the MH DVR to multi-switch and that put power to the LNB and brought the signal in!!!

Again, thanks for all your help!!!!

Great, Glad you got it going. :up

Once you got it out of SWM mode you were good to go !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)