Getting ads off the EPG ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Is there a way to not have the ads on my Directv guide list?

Example
I am currently watching Fox News and have a custom guide set up.
When I push "Guide" I have what is supposed to be 6 lines of program info on the EPG
Instead I have

an ad for Audience
360 FNCHD
362 TWCHD
an ad for Showtime
an ad for Starz
an ad for HBO.

So of the 6 slots displayed 4 are ads and 2 are actual program guide.

Is there a setting I can set to not have to see these ads?

If I scroll down one there is an ad for Cinemax

It's really irritating

I called DirecTv but they say there is nothing I can do about it

you can set up favorites to limit them but no they cannot be turned off

I dont sub to movie channels so the only banner for movie is the freeview right now of Encore

Honestly when I got Direct they bugged me some since I was use to the 4D guide (no ad's) Now I don't pay attention to them. Direct don't have to put them there but like the programmers with their bugs and ad's on the programs they get away with it. The future will be we will see a tiny little square for our show and flashing crap ads all around it. :eek:

Honestly when I got Direct they bugged me some since I was use to the 4D guide (no ad's) Now I don't pay attention to them. Direct don't have to put them there but like the programmers with their bugs and ad's on the programs they get away with it. The future will be we will see a tiny little square for our show and flashing crap ads all around it. :eek:

Unfortunate, but probably true as well. :down :banplease: (the crap filling our screens).

You go out and buy your nice new, LARGE screen HD TV, pay a ton of money for it and you get it filled with garbage along the sides and bottom of the screen making your large screen TV the same size as the one you USE to have ..... :rolleyes: :sick:

yep... bugs are FAR WORSE that ads or promos in the EPG.. Those are likely PAID to be in there and really aren't that huge a deal since its just the EPG

most of the ones I see right now in the guide (again I have no premiums and a faves set up) are for freeviews (Encore, Tennis Channel, Wimbledon experience), The 101 (or whatever the hell its called now) and a new show on USA

at least that f****ng one for "Wilfred" on FX is gone...now if they would get rid of those damn commercials for it

most of the ones I see right now in the guide (again I have no premiums and a faves set up) are for freeviews (Encore, Tennis Channel, Wimbledon experience), The 101 (or whatever the hell its called now) and a new show on USA

at least that f****ng one for "Wilfred" on FX is gone...now if they would get rid of those damn commercials for it

Does it matter if it's Wilfred opt the Tennis Channel ? It's still there regardless ...

If I put my guide in the Family package custom mode I made all ad's are gone :D. Guess when you spend more they give you the ad's too :rolleyes:

I don't mind the "line ads" near as much as the stupid "covers" (or whatever they are called) in the banner; making it nearly 25% of the total size. All I need it the title and basic program info.

Even the program window gets annoying to the point I would rather worry more about it being yanked than those silly tiny PAID line ads. If the program window was at least a bit smaller, then the info's text could run the entire width of the EPG and maybe get us another 2 lines from the EPG.

At least make these features I can turn on or off at my choosing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts