Motorized AZBOX fails to move dish between 0.0W and 58.0W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vpaniyan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
US
I have AZBOX Premium HD with the Powertech DG-380 motor.
I have no problems with receiving signals between 60.0W and 123.0W.
But the system fails to move the dish in the range between 0.0W and 58.0W.
AZBOX shows message that motor moves, but dish stays in the same place.
I tried to move dish from different positions to the range I mention above - same results.

Did anyone came across this problem?

vpaniyan

You need to go back into your SETTINGS menu for ANTENNA SETUP and the USALS/DiSEqC motor control options. You will have to select the DiSEqC 1.2 motor function and in the COMMAND line, use the ? or ? arrows to find the option to DELETE LIMITS. When highlighted, press OK, then switch back to USALS (if that was what you were using) and the motor will now move past 58W for you.

This is a quirk of the AZBox. It sometimes likes to set up software limits for the motor travel on its own.

RADAR

Radar,

After making changes, I have another problem - after reboot AZBOX loses "My Longitude" and "My Latitude values".
Both parameters = 0.

vpaniyan

Radar,

After making changes, I have another problem - after reboot AZBOX loses "My Longitude" and "My Latitude values".
Both parameters = 0.

vpaniyan

Vpaniyan,

I cannot explain that one with any authority. I can only guess at two possible problem areas. 1 - channel list corruption and 2 - Firmware corruption.

Have you read StarGaze's compilation for the A-Z Guide? In there you should find instructions regarding "North Americanizing" your satellite list and instructions for updating your firmware and resolving certain issues.

Since I do not know the reason why that happened to your lat/long, I can not tell you how to prevent it.

RADAR

Radar,

Additional to steps you recommended, in "Motor Setting" set to DiSEqC12, I run the "save"command.
Can the "save" command cause the problem?

vpaniyan

Radar,

Additional information - before the problem started, for test purposes I created a record for a test satellite and then deleted it.

vpaniyan

Radar,

Additional to steps you recommended, in "Motor Setting" set to DiSEqC12, I run the "save"command.
Can the "save" command cause the problem?

vpaniyan

Don't use the SAVE command here unless you intend to use DiSEqC 1.2 motor control for that satellite.

If you do intend to use DiSEqC 1.2 for the satellite, you MUST use the SAVE command to record and store the position for that satellite, but it will not affect your site's lat/long entries for any other satellite that is using USALS.

It may, however, be the point in the process when the unwanted software limit is set. In such cases, ensure to use the command to DELETE LIMITS.

RADAR

Radar,

Additional information - before the problem started, for test purposes I created a record for a test satellite and then deleted it.

vpaniyan

If you were using the remote to perform this action, then it is highly likely that THIS led to your site's lat/long coordinate entries being corrupted or erased. The AZBox is extremely finicky here. Learn how to apply the editor and other control programs referenced in the A-Z guide. Once you get yourself trained on these programs and have them operating consistently on your PC you will avoid these annoying glitches.

I understand that it is frustrating and illogical, but there is just some frailty with the AZBox programming that OpenSat has not yet been able to address. We have found a reliable method to work around this problem, but it takes a little extra effort on the user's end to follow the procedures and remain loyal to them. It is tempting to take the easy route and play with the remote for these tasks, but that will plague you. Sometimes you get lucky, but when it goes wrong, you have to start all over from scratch. There is not an easy way to back out of one of these foul ups.

If you heed this advice, you will shortly be able to enjoy the great perks of the AZBox.

RADAR

If I upgrade firmware, will it reset these settings back to default?

vpaniyan

If you simply update the firmware normally, it will not (or should not) change these settings. You would either have to FORMAT THE APPLICATION AREA which is a process that should be reserved for times when you truly need to clean the slate completely or if you follow the DATA RESET functions in the SETTINGS MENU and perform a FACTORY SETTING option. If you do either, you will start completely over from scratch.

You should not need to do either unless these problems continually appear and plague you. Fix your channel and satellite list up according to the instructions first.

RADAR

Radar,

97.0W GALAXY 19 was causing the problem,
I disabled Motor positioner for GALAXY 19.
Then I created a new satellite record - 97.0W GALAXY 19V with one TP only.
Restated the box and there we go, the problem diapered.
Tomorrow, I will add more TPs and will scan all frequencies.

vpaniyan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)