Motorized dish Elevation Angle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Great! I was trying to help a member just last night using this page! Your update will be a real help to the FTA community. I know I use it a lot. THANKS!

SG2100 Support Also???

Sadoun:

It would be great if you could add support to your tables for calculating elevation for the SG2100 motor, in addition to the HH motors.

Just a thought from one of the many users of the SG2100 motor.

greyskies said:
Sadoun:

It would be great if you could add support to your tables for calculating elevation for the SG2100 motor, in addition to the HH motors.

Just a thought from one of the many users of the SG2100 motor.

Good suggestion. We will try to do that in the next update. :)

Look forward to addition in future

Sadoun:

Thanks for your willingness to listen to all of us. I look forward to your addition to your table/chart/information page, of dish elevation information with SG2100 when you have the time.

greyskies in sunny South Florida

One question. I have the HH90, and set the dish elevation to the suggested 38.5 and got nothing. Moved it to 41 and now get stuff. The motor itself is set to the latitude of 42*. Whats up with that? The dish is the Fortec Star 80 that comes with the pansat 3500s package.

I bought my SG-2100 from Sadoun a few years ago and am pleased with it. FWIW I wouldn't even worry about the dish angle, why?? Just make sure that the motor is set for the site latitude and use a meter and adjust your elevation until you get a hit on a satellite. Find your direct south satellite and peak from there.

It's very hard to set your dish elevation right even using an inclinometer and even then you might not be on the arc. Using a meter you can quickly set your elevation and then you don't have to mess with tables an everything else. Works for me and I have done a few systems and it gets it dead nuts on every time. Also the point of a perfectly plumb pole can't be overstressed. Even a half bubble off can throw you either above or below the belt at the far east and west end of your dish.

If you are off on your dish elevation angle, that could be caused by several issues:

1- Pole is not plump (Level) on all sides.
2- Motor is off on the elevation angle (must be equal to your latitude value and should not be changed)
3- Dish assembly is not correct (brackets, feedarm, etc)
4- Dish brackets are off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)