Motorized Micro Bud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fta_cool

Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I finally received my Patriot 1.2m Dish. Why such a big dish? We'll I wanted something to pull in 11720 on G10R, which I never could with my 33". Also, some folks have been experimenting with some of the new low temp cband lnbs and smaller dishes. I wanted to give that a shot also.

The orientation of the mount on the back of the dish seemed like a show stopper for motorizing with my Diseq 1.2. It is the kind that sits on top of a pole. There was no way to mount it to the motor, because the motor would be upside down. However, I determined that I could remove the shaft and turn it around 180* and then turn the motor upside down in it's bracket. As best as I can reason, this should work. I have entered my longitude into my receiver as South instead of North. Since my motor is upside down, entering South lets me plug in the true Satellite coordinates when using USALS.

Here is my problem:

I can prime focus on any satellite in the Americas and pull in all of the Ku without a problem. However, when I use the motor, I can go as far East as Amazonas (61*), but can only get (AMC1) 103* to the West (Cband, I get to Anik F1). With the 33", I could go all the way to 129*W.

I would just scrap the project and go back to the 33", but the CBand performance is much better than I expected, so I feel like it is worth the trouble to get this thing working.

Any Ideas?

Sounds like this is what you need.

It sounds like you kind of built it yourself but this motor is supposed to be built to take the weight. A few guys here have motorized these larger dishes, maybe they'll chime in.

My 5' dish (160cm) uses a polar mount / actuator which I know some of these same guys have gone to.

Check this out -

Attachments

• mount_1.jpg
    mount_1.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 209
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts