Motorized Primestar 84e

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Very Nice

Oh Man, I cant waite to get a hold of a primestar. A few months ago I did work (I'm a phone tech) at a guys house that had a primestar dish. I asked him what he used it for. He told me that the service was no longer available and switched to cable long ago. Then he asked me if I new anyone that wanted it! I told him i could get rid of it for him.
Just have'nt been able to go back yet due to my crazy schedule. I recently called him to see if it was still there, and he told me to come back anytime to take it away. SO looks like next weekend I'll have one of those babys!
What a geat job Stogie!! Thanks for the pictures and info. A great reference for those of us that have yet to attempt a motorized setup.
Can't waite to see the look on my wifes face when I'll have the 4th dish up on the old addition!!

Great set-up, Stogie! I love to see Primestars in action!

After cutting my teeth with my stationary Primestar 84E set-up for a short while, I decided that I wanted to go ahead and "get motorized".

So I picked up a used HH100, swapped out my stock LNB with an Invacom QPF-031 and have been extremely happy with the results!

Posted these pics in another thread, but thought I'd share it again with the group. Thanks again for everyone's help along the way as I fumbled my way though it! :up

Very nice! Good work! :up

Originally Posted by turbosat
Wow that ones almost in the pond!! I'd be too busy watching for snakes to work on a dish there.

Snakes? I was thinking that it might be a good place to fish....

wonder what's the size limit that motor can haul in :D

oh just a couple a strong and weak from maybe 2 sats

g10
11720v
11800v
12104v

galaxy 25 97w
11835V
12083V
12175V

Here you go - pulled these signals this morning from my Fortec Mercury II:

g10
11720v - SQ 58-60
11800v - SQ 68-70
12104v - SQ 68-70

galaxy 25 97w
11835V - SQ 80-82
12083V - SQ 80-82
12175V - SQ 80-82

FYI - these numbers are approx. a 5-10 pt. improvement over the stock LNB on the same receiver.

What is the threshold for the Fortec Mercury II
(lowest reading before loosing video or audio)

i have to try to equate those readings to a coolsat 5000 or traxis 3500 or satpro 500s , those are the receivers i have.
thanks

What is the threshold for the Fortec Mercury II
(lowest reading before loosing video or audio)

i have to try to equate those readings to a coolsat 5000 or traxis 3500 or satpro 500s , those are the receivers i have.
thanks

With regards to locking in on a signal, I can drop as low as the high teens or low twenties before losing signal on the Fortec.

My SatPros gives somewhat lower readings on these same transponders, but they are pretty close to the Fortec readings.

Someone else may be able to equate those readings to the other receivers you referenced, although I believe the Coolsat normally reads high and locks in at about 60 and higher.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)