motorola 4 DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

samgrew

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
south carolina
Is there anyone who still works on motorola 4dtv boxes. I use them for to move buds but has stopped moving the dish and another I bought off of e-bay but the password has been changed in it so I cannot do much with it.

They are bricks. Nobody is left to repair them, and they aren't worth anything anymore. You'd be better off junking them, and using a modern positioner controller.

Thanks, I figured as much. I have been out of the loop for awhile and am not in the know anymore, so what is a good one to use? Also am still using coolsat 6000, whats good in mpeg 3 or 4?

Is there anyone who still works on motorola 4dtv boxes. I use them for to move buds but has stopped moving the dish and another I bought off of e-bay but the password has been changed in it so I cannot do much with it.
Pull the relay board out of the ebay box and put it in the other one.The board is mounted vertically behind the front panel.It's pretty much an unplug/plug in opperation,you will likely need Torx bits for the screws.Oh and unplug the box from the power first.

These things can be repaired if you have some electronics experience. There are some fuses inside as well as other components you can replace if you have donor sources. This is a hobby, just like electronics repair can be. Waylew is on track with his suggestion. The mover portion of these 4DTV Boxes should still work even if the DC2 part doesn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)