Motorola DSR-4402X

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davidghoward

Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Good day and thanks for allowing me to post this thread. I've been doing some corporate FTA downlinks with consumer style receivers. I wanted to get a bit more commercial with the equipment and purchased a DSR-4402 off ebay. Anyway, the unit showed up and while it took a bit of struggle to learn the menus, I ended up having issues with audio as well as some sort of (excuse the terminology) horizontal scrolling on the bottom part of the screen. It would go on and off about every 2:15. Anyway, I was certain that the unit was defective so I got together with the seller and he sent me out another one. Low and behold I have the same issues again. I'm able to get tone from a diagnostic menu. Once I lock in a station (BTV-4 Galaxy 28), all I get is video - no audio. I'm also not able to get the tone from the diagnostic menu. Can someone please help me on this.

Thanks,

Dave Howard

Do you have the manual for the unit? I found a link online if you'd like me to send it to you.

Is it possible that there are multiple audio channels, and you are simply not on one that has audio broadcast on it? As far as the horizontal scrolling, I can't quite imagine what you are seeing there in order to even guess.

I work with them every day at work and I cannot say I have seen horizontal scroling at the bottom of the screen.

As for the audio there are audio menus under the Installation menu (I think), there are many choices there. You are probably going from a Balanced Audio Output out of the receiver to an Unbalanced Input (RCA) into your TV. This may cause low audio levels but you hsould be able to find a setting in the menus that will work.

I have an old DSR4500 at home that I have used on some of the KU Digicipher Clear feeds on AMC3. I think it was Louisana Public Broadcasting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)