motorola dsr 922 I think I got a good one for 20.00 with no remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
So I went into the thrift store and up on top of a pile of stereo receivers was a motorola dsr 922 receiver. I could not find the remote and the back cover was missing. THe one that covers the video cypher card? So paying 20.00 for it I bring it home. WOrried that the battery is dead. So I turned it on and used the buttons. Boom under system status is line A (Unit id number) Matches the UA sticker on the back. Please comfirm this is a working unit? Sounds working to me. Time is off though. Has the uhf remote antenna on the back. So I hope to find the remote.

Can this control my large HH mount dish with no other recievers? Also is the digital audio out RCA orange the standard digital audio out via rca?

Thanks,

Josh

Yes, the 922 is working and it should work with the H to H dish. Only a c-band reseller can reset the clock for you. It needs a re-hit. Details of the reciever can be found here. ( Callnps.com) also programming.

The orange audio out on the 922 only goes to a digital audio in on a home reciever.

The video module is available on ebay but there is no use for it `cause c-band analog is pretty well gone.

Forget about the videocipher board and enjoy your low low cost find. :) It will move your dish give you polarity control, digital audio out and S video. Call NPS or SRL for 4DTV programming. Call Skyvision for a new remote they should have them for the 410's. The DSR410's remote will work but don't have UHF. You can also call ATS they probably have the UHF remotes.

I was thinking about it

I was thinking about the battery. So far I'm just happy it still has the numbers in it. TO bad I didn't get that big dish planted yet. Probably not until spring. Sigh.

TTFN,

Josh

thats sounds like a great deal to me
I lucked up, and got one for $25.00 off craigslist last year
and the battery, was still good in it also
Mouser electonics has a battery for about $15.00
or so shipped, If You need the battery number let Me know

battery

I don't think the battery is orig. Bright green in color. Varta The battery experts CR 1/2 AA 3v lith. Made in germany. Still not sure how old. I went back to the thrift for a few days. No remote. No deal. I did have one question. The channel that is in ku that ice talked about Oklanhoma public tv. Do I have to subscribe or have a C band dish setup? C band still in garage in parts. But would be nice to know if receiver is working if I run it with my fortec mercury 2 slaved to the dsr.

thanks,

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)