SPS Satellite Programming Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

akoutso

Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
Maryland
Does anyone know what's happened to SPS? I've lost my programming that I had subscribed from them, and both their website and phone numbers are no longer in service. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many smaller 4DTV providers are resellers for NPS. It might be worth a phone call to NPS to see if there is any help.

I never sub for more than 90 days at a time. Due to channels changes and contract disputes and such. I've lost money in the past on such transactions and had to resort to disputing the credit card charges and switched providers.

Good luck and keep us advised. Don't give up on the 4DTV.

Another one bites the dust?....Damn. Even though they are resellers, seems to be indicative of the general trend. !protest

Another one bites the dust?....Damn. Even though they are resellers, seems to be indicative of the general trend. !protest

These small guys come and go. As long as the major players SRL, Skyvision, NPS are around I wouldn't be too concerned.

I had several bookmarked a year or so ago, including Bigdish.com and On Sat (for C band news/info). Like you said seems we are down to just the big three player now.
Still a sad situation.

That decides it for me, I am offering my 922 for sale.

$150 bucks plus shipping from MN. I have had enough.

Im very happy with my 4dtv and c band. It will be around for quite some time still. Those that bail are falling for all the doom and gloom they hear. So it isn't what is was, so what. It's still the best deal for me. I spend around $15.00 a month. Whenever I get an offer from pizza, cable or the like I never see a price like that. Even with all there come on offers and don't forget all the hidden charges that you never know about till you get locked in to a two year contract.

The person I set up the DSR-410 system for earlier this year has saved about $300.00 in subscription costs vs what he was paying from cable in the last 6 months. Thats $600.00 a year. I don't know about others but thats a nice chunk of change to have in ones pocket for using c band subscription vs paying the evil empire of pizza & cable.

At 15.00 a month I spend, $180.00 a year. That would be approx a month in a half to 2 in a half months of programming at the regular rates from cable or pizza to get the same channels I do. I think Im getting one hell of a deal :D 4DTV still rocks!

SPS Gone.. Wow. I used them about 18 months ago to order the MTV Mini Pak and pre-paid for about 15 months. The only reason I didn't renew the MTV Mini-Pak with them was due to the crazy new NPS rules where I needed a minimum of 10 services to buy that package. I'm glad that I didn't renew with SPS now..

I am now a happy SRL customer. I'm enjoying my VH1 Classic, and my kids are enjoying Nick Jr.

I'll echo some of the above posts. SPS were an NPS reseller - so check with NPS to see what they can do for you. If they aren't able to (or simply won't) help, then give SRL a look.

Even with all there come on offers and don't forget all the hidden charges that you never know about till you get locked in to a two year contract.

Like HD enabling fees, DVR fees, they used to charge $50 activation fees and waive them for credit. What a joke. I hate nickel and diming.

Oh I'm not going anywhere. 4D sub is still the best value for my tv channel preferences anyway. I'll be a subber until the last DCII channel is gone or a service equal in performance and value supersedes it. My C band dish wont be retired until it's relocated as my headstone.......lol
That's my standing orders anyway, guess I'll never know if it actually happens.

In all my DCII promotion efforts, I've only had 2 close to interested and that was for the 410 setup. It seems all the rest of the "sheep" have a taste for pizza and all it's unnecessary trimmings.
Apparently to the mindless masses more is better even if the more is more expensive and just more useless crap stations.
Go figure.

With analog being put out to pasture, and the advent of digital muxes, we also have to take crap we didn't initially have to take. These "have to take this to get that" tactics are ridiculous. The question I have is WHY do the multi channel providers insist on carriage of inferior programming? If a channel cant make it on it's merits let it die or better yet kill it! Use those resources in making a better quality channel of their successful channels.

It must be about the advertising dollar. More channels equals more ad airtime, but you would think ad buyers could tell the difference between carriage and watched. If no one watches the crappy channel why would they pay to put ads there?
A handful of quality channels beats a guide full of junk, but try telling that to the pizza loving sheepheads.

I keep hearing about this value. show me where I can find this value you speak of?

I signed on with SPS this spring for one channel. The only "Package" I can get it in is the "All American Pak"

All American Pak $174.99 a year, $17.50 a month.

How is this different then the crap I could get on CATV or Pizzaland?

Further more the video quality is that of sh~1y VHS tape.

Ill stick with true FTA. That way if the programmer chooses to send up a bad signal I will have no right to complain.

Well the value for me is to not pay for junk I dont, and will never watch. 17 bucks a month? C'mon what are you going to get from the pizza delivery guys or CATV for that? Even their teasers require a contract and dozens of hidden fees.

I havent looked at the AA pkg, so I cant comment on the content, but if you have the channels you want for that price, it's a pretty good value, isnt it?

I cant understand the PQ issue you may have had. It has been quite some time since I had a DN sub, but on it's best day the PQ and overcompression was still worse than the G3 uplinks are today. Truth be known I am not a fan of digital video to begin with, but hey, what ya gonna do?

I am sorry you had such a bad run with you 4D.

I am a devout FTA signal chaser too. That is a good value as well, but it has the trade off of requiring more effort than "point the remote and watch tv". Not a big deal AFAIC, but it's not for everybody.

Well the value for me is to not pay for junk I dont, and will never watch. 17 bucks a month? C'mon what are you going to get from the pizza delivery guys or CATV for that? Even their teasers require a contract and dozens of hidden fees.

I havent looked at the AA pkg, so I cant comment on the content, but if you have the channels you want for that price, it's a pretty good value, isnt it?

I cant understand the PQ issue you may have had. It has been quite some time since I had a DN sub, but on it's best day the PQ and overcompression was still worse than the G3 uplinks are today. Truth be known I am not a fan of digital video to begin with, but hey, what ya gonna do?

I am sorry you had such a bad run with you 4D.

I am a devout FTA signal chaser too. That is a good value as well, but it has the trade off of requiring more effort than "point the remote and watch tv". Not a big deal AFAIC, but it's not for everybody.

Agreed.and if picture quality is that bad you might want to check the settings on your TV and hook it up via s-video.I find most 4DTV signals very sharp and clear. almost as good as some HD feeds.

Maybe SPS gave up because NPS rates went up so high on a wholesale level that it wasn't profitable anymore.

Agreed.and if picture quality is that bad you might want to check the settings on your TV and hook it up via s-video.I find most 4DTV signals very sharp and clear. almost as good as some HD feeds.

4DTV especially the master feeds can put the HD lite pizza channels to shame. Boy how they dumb down the masses offering SD junk that is downright terrible and giving them really SD type quality with there HD and marketing it as High Def. :eek:

4DTV especially the master feeds can put the HD lite pizza channels to shame. Boy how they dumb down the masses offering SD junk that is downright terrible and giving them really SD type quality with there HD and marketing it as High Def. :eek:

You are SO RIGHT!

This is agood example of the pizza guys brainwashing. This goes back a couple of months ago when I was still in Florida. My next door people decided to get modern and get a new entertainment system. They asked for advice and I pointed them to a Sony 52 inch LCD with 120Mhz. I also told them they needed an OTA antenna to get the best HD.They loved it, then fell victim to the pizza guys. They got a AT9 dish,the installer unhooked the OTA antenna they were sold a HD package with locals. All was good they thought they had the best.They even swore the locals were better looking.Well he is a speed chanell freak and one day he came by while I had a speed feed up. Granted it was a 4.2.2 feed but their symbol rate is fairly low.He was blown away at the quality. I switched to a DVB-S2 feed that was at 54Mbts a second and needless to say I was running a new OTA feed to his TV the next day.He compared the two pictures from the locals and said "They had me convinced this was better". I still can not convince him into a C-Band dish,but now he knows what HD should look like!

You are SO RIGHT!

I report facts as I see them. I said a long time ago to my friends that when there done with butchering mainstream HD it won't look any better than SD looked. Boy is that so true. BTW have your heard about Super High Def?? Thats there next marketing ploy that will be out that will look like HD should look... well maybe??

People keep saying this, but I never see any pictures to back up their claims.

Is there a website with side by side comparisons of images taken from C-band vs. pizza dish or digital cable?
If there is, help spread the word. If not, somebody needs to make one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts