91W CW Networks?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

knowmiddlename

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Northern California, USA
Does anybody know how to receive the CW Networks on 91W? I am manually entering 3720H/26700 with the PID's listed on this site. The transponder is stong with very high quality. Thanks

I've had no trouble with manual PID entry on any of my receivers, for the CW channels. Maybe delete the transponder, power off your receiver, turn it back on , Add the transponder again, and then do the manual PID entry again. You might also make sure you haven't done something "boneheaded" :) like switch the audio PIDs with the video PIDS . I'd like to think that I wouldn't do such a thing, but somehow it HAS happened.
:)

oh boy. I had a Visionsat which is like the CS7000 and I cant remember if I was able to add CW to the list. (both of the Visionsats I had have since been sold)

I know the Coolsat 4/5/6000 have a wacky way to add the channels. The 7000 has a different interface so this may not work
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/154287-91w-3720h.html

I guess I would try this....log a channel on an existing transponder then either delete the TP or change something on it (like the frequency) and see if the channels stay. If they stay, then do what is posted in the above link and see if that works :)

some receivers really suck with the way their interface is setup. I am happy with my pansat 9200 as it has a pretty good user friendly interface.

Does anybody know how to receive the CW Networks on 91W? I am manually entering 3720H/26700 with the PID's listed on this site. The transponder is stong with very high quality. Thanks

I've found that I've had to change CW channels on occasion so that the audio would come through. Some kind of receiver bug?

Are the Cw channels on 91 w FREE TO AIR???
Because if it is let me know how to getit then because My receiver did scan them but I get no picture.
So I assumed they were scrambled.
Are they?

they are free

The issue (and its been posted a few times) is there is no PAT/PMT info...this basically scans in the channels normally

You need to enter the PIDS manually...depending on the reciever it may be easy or a little more tricky.

oh boy. I had a Visionsat which is like the CS7000 and I cant remember if I was able to add CW to the list. (both of the Visionsats I had have since been sold)

I know the Coolsat 4/5/6000 have a wacky way to add the channels. The 7000 has a different interface so this may not work
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/154287-91w-3720h.html

I guess I would try this....log a channel on an existing transponder then either delete the TP or change something on it (like the frequency) and see if the channels stay. If they stay, then do what is posted in the above link and see if that works :)
Thank you very much! The method in the above link worked, however I first had to blind scan the EWTN transponder to get those channels to appear. The CS7000 hangs a lot. Do you know which models of receivers work best for blind scanning?

interesting...so the 7000 works the same way as the 4/5/6000 for manual pid entry

as for blind scan, the 4/5/6000 work really well for blind scan. Doesn't hang like some receivers do

Thanks Iceburg.
I clicked on your link and I got the pids so now we ot cw too.
But where do these come from?
I started watching it yesterday they look like the feeds for the affilates and not the affilliates themselves am I right?
Or do these come from a city?
Because I'm still used to c band in the 90's with free feeds and stuff but things have changed alot sincethen.

These are the national CW stations. Smaller markets have what they call a CW100+ feed. These are for smaller cities who dont have a full power CW station. Most of the time they are either low powered or (now with digital transition) subchannels.

The prime time is the same and some of the shows are on the normal CW stations. I noticed you're in Detroit so you have a full power CW. I have one here in Minneapolis too. The only difference is the syndicated programming

Its a East feed, Mountain and West feed. Central is the same as Eastern. Here is their website
http://www.yourcwtv.com/

that is for those feeds. Your local CW has their own website that would have different syndicated shows during the day. I just looked at the national one and my local CW and from 9-3 the only thing the same is Steve Wilkos. Between 10-3 my local CW has judge shows and Springer. Although the nat'l feed has Married With Children at 9 & 9:30 ;)

Yes I know we have a full powered cw station but the thing is my home theather setup is still a disaster.
I have cable in 4 of the rooms in my house but not for the fifth tv that's the big tv where Im watch I don't have an off air antenna or anything like that so for me it's still a very big thing that I can get cw in the living room 2.
I was planning on getting dish network for this month since I sold a lot of cars this month at the dealership where I work then normal but I don't know yet because maybe I'm going on a vacation also so I don't know what to do.
But for now it has been great that i found it.
Thanks anyway.

I kinda lucked out. Was monkeying around on CW site and it said "find your station". Well the only market in MN with a full power CW (non cable only) is Minneapolis. 2 of the other 3 show the website I posted (the 3rd and Mpls have their won dedicated one)

I kinda lucked out. Was monkeying around on CW site and it said "find your station". Well the only market in MN with a full power CW (non cable only) is Minneapolis. 2 of the other 3 show the website I posted (the 3rd and Mpls have their won dedicated one)

:D:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)