Motorola DSR401DS Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HITS uses a different channel listing than 4DTV

check here
HITS on Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W - LyngSat

The VC channel listing is for HITS and the red numbers are for 4DTV
so game show network (11920 TP 11) shows as 106 on a Hits setup but 643 on 4DTV

Looks like the audio channels are in the 400 area.

Looks like the audio channels are in the 400 area.

That's what I would think, but for some reason all the audio channels are within the 700 number range on my DSR410DS receiver mapping. I have been at this for a week now and am driving my wife crazy. :)

I have been trying to keep the receiver on during the day at various channels that I read about (206, 255, 401, 501) as well as other various manual frequencies and still I can't get the proper channel maps to download.

Thank you Iceberg I will give it a try.

I just swaped receivers again (receiver number 4) to a DSR-421 receiver. :) I am not giving up. :) I called SPS and switched the receiver ID.

Out of all my DCII receivers this one is the newest and in the best condition. Also number "1000" shows up for the first time within the Diagnostics A screen for 4DTV.

Ok, I am giving up. :) In fact, after using several digicipher receivers this past week I discovered that I really wouldn't want to invest in a DSR-905 (sidecar), DSR920 or DSR922 4DTV receiver unless it is dirt cheap (< $50). The receiver models are several years old and lack features and graphic capabilities compared to new model FTA receivers.

During my experiment I have tried the following receivers:

DSR401 - Used EMM Provider 4128 and provided access to a few fixed key Star Choice channels. The channel I subscribed to was never received and the X4 channel maps were never downloaded.

DSR410 - Used EMM Provider 4160 and provided access to several audio channels. Unit did become authorized and the EMM stream was present. Also the unit received several hits. However, the proper channel maps never downloaded and audio channels were within the 700 area instead of the 400 or 800 range. The channel I subscribed to was never received.

DSR421 - Used EMM Provider 4060 and for the first time "1000" for 4DTV appeared within the diagnostic A screen. However, the proper channel maps never downloaded and receiver could not be authorized. The channel I subscribed to was never received.

I would like to thank SPS Programming for providing all the rehits and changing the receiver ID during my testing. They were always friendly and very helpful everytime I called.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts