Motorola DSR5XX bug

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
Which one you ask???

The newest one that seemed to pop up after Cancom switched CTV and CBC HD transponders - daily freeze ups, black screens and missing channels or sound.
4XX/HDD20X setups are unaffected (as usual)

Let's face it; if Motorola had released firmware as crappy as this with the 9XX series, 4DTV and SC would have been dead in the water from the getgo. Likewise if the 3XX/4XX units had firmware as bad as this, SC would have about 3000 subs (~ the # of 921s still in service).

The good news is that it appears the SC upper management is running out of patience with Motorola. It apparently has reached the level of Shaw Communications/Motorola upper management discussion. The full resources of Motorola are now directed at these issues.

What you can do:
Report any new problems to the SC call centre when they happen. DO NOT call with recurring or last week's problems. All DSR5XX calls will be monitored by Motorola engineers on a daily basis.

DSR530 owners:
As you know, under Canadian law; Star Choice has failed to deliver a unit that is/has operated as advertised. They are well aware that they are vulnerable to a Class Action lawsuit for false and misleading advertising. Any DSR530 owner concerned about this and nearing the end of their 1 year warranty should take the steps necessary to protect themselves - up to and including returning the unit to their retailer for a full refund. (Units must be returned to the retailer - not SC unless the unit was bought thru the call centre or on the SC website). Of course, SC will not advertise or promote this. But if they believed in this product, it would be covered under the MRF - just like all 921/2XX/3XX/4XX units are.

maybe a good reason why Voom never released there DVR. I'm also glad I didn't invest in a 530, I have thought about it. How are the 505 and 505a's fairing? I guess the 505a's are refurbs meaning they have been fixed of bugs? Of course Scientific Atlanta receivers are made in Canada, is it time for a switch?

If the 530 had not sucked, I would have stayed with *C. I would rather pay more and use Expressvu.

I really do not understand why they carge so much for that 530!!

miguelaqui said:
I really do not understand why they carge so much for that 530!!

I understand completely - the DSR530 firmware has sucked from the beginning. SC has never lowered the price because they really don't want to promote it.

When the DSR530 came out, it retailed for only $250 more than the DSR500 ($699 vs $449). Now its more than $500 greater than the street price of the 505

I have had my DSR-530 since last September and have never had one problem with it at all. It has performed perfectly for me in every way that I have wanted it to. I couldn't be more pleased with my particular unit. Now if there were only more HD content I would be even happier. Its unfortunate that it cant be the same for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts