Motorola is ending the search for a buyer for its set top box unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Years ago I subbed with Netlink. They tried so hard to get me to switch and went so far as to call me to tell me I could keep losing channels if I didn't switch as a scare tactic. Back then Dish only had about 30 channels as it was. :confused: I bet many C banders fell for it.

Superstar did the same thing to me, every cband bill I got they peddled dish network, I was unaware Charlie owned them at the time, makes sense now.

This is one of the reasons I feel NPS aka All American Direct is too close to Charlie E. They look to sell whatever they can while on the phone with them.

When I signed back up for cband service, after I got the hit, the NPS salesperson transferred me to someone else trying to sell me cellular dsl service, but only after she tried to sell me a pvr. She was through with me once she had cc info, or so it seemed. I am happy with 4dtv sub, but their sales department could stand some customer service training...

That IS their training to hawk everything they have. If they dont they either dont get paid (commission) or dont last very long (fired), maybe both.
The several times I spoke to sales reps at NPS they were very polite but you could tell they had a call "checksheet" to follow.

After answering that I'm satisfied with my cell and 'net SP, business politely concluded.
When offered the LSD option, I did always make it a point to hammer home the concept that I am a C bander, that the DBS PQ quality sucks by comparison, and anyone who ever saw the difference would dump the pizza dish and switch to C band.

I recall from a post I read that Ice is (was?) in the Telephone Customer Service/Support field or something similar. Having experience in an associated field, he prolly has an insider's view of the expectations of a sales rep's demeanor and "duties".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)