This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Mounting a 1.2 m dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jreads

Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Hi There,
OK, I've been testing out a Channelmaster 1.2 m dish in the backyard. The Az-El mount has a 3" width. I've been using a piece of car exhaust pipe to use as the mounting pole, though my neighbor's kid's basketball hoop has a sectioned 3" pipe that looks pretty nice for this application. I don't think the neighbor would appreciate me pirating his kid's sports toy, though.

What do you all use to mount a dish this size? And where would you get it?
--AJ Reads

use the basketball hoop

You might want to call your local hardware store (Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc). They might have something that would work

Check here for the right way to sink a pole into the ground, this is a smaller pipe for dbs, but the principles are the same, you must ensure that the pole does not rotate at all, so you will have to drill a hole through the pole and insert some rebar or what ever, I fill them with concrete to the top as this helps them not to flex with the weight.

http://dbsinstall.com/Whatis/Whatisgood-3.htm

Mounting Pole

I found an excellent mounting pole for my dish antenna. I went to my local parking meter department and got a surplus parking meter post. They cut it for me to the length I wanted and I planted it in my yard, using sacrete to make it steady as a rock.

Status
Please reply by conversation.