Mounting a 1.2 m dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jreads

Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Hi There,
OK, I've been testing out a Channelmaster 1.2 m dish in the backyard. The Az-El mount has a 3" width. I've been using a piece of car exhaust pipe to use as the mounting pole, though my neighbor's kid's basketball hoop has a sectioned 3" pipe that looks pretty nice for this application. I don't think the neighbor would appreciate me pirating his kid's sports toy, though.

What do you all use to mount a dish this size? And where would you get it?
--AJ Reads

use the basketball hoop :)

You might want to call your local hardware store (Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc). They might have something that would work

Check here for the right way to sink a pole into the ground, this is a smaller pipe for dbs, but the principles are the same, you must ensure that the pole does not rotate at all, so you will have to drill a hole through the pole and insert some rebar or what ever, I fill them with concrete to the top as this helps them not to flex with the weight.

http://dbsinstall.com/Whatis/Whatisgood-3.htm

Mounting Pole

I found an excellent mounting pole for my dish antenna. I went to my local parking meter department and got a surplus parking meter post. They cut it for me to the length I wanted and I planted it in my yard, using sacrete to make it steady as a rock. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)