Mounting dish and motor to pipe????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Technojunky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Jensen Beach, FL
Can someone tell me if I should take the short curved pipe off of the dish motor if I am going to mount it to a plumb pipe in the ground? Will the motor be positioned correctly if I mount it directly to the pipe? The pipe is 1 5/8 " and should fit the motor perfectly. As hard as I look at it, I can only think that the curved pipe should not be there for the way I want to mount it. Thanks , Joe

This sounds like a c band or ku band dish with a motor for vertical and horizontal adjustments to see satellites at various locations, you may want to ask the mods to move this thread to the c - band forum and post a picture and detail a little more as to what your outcome is that your seeking.

No, it is a 36" Fortec dish, and a HH motor from Sadoun.com I look through the various threads and found a few pictures of dish setups that show the motor mounted direct to the plumb pipe. The only problem I cam accross tha might make me change my plan is that they all suggested a 2 3/8 pipe to keep the motor weight from taking the pipe out of plumb. I think I am going to fill the pipe with concreate to make it hold its plump position. Does anyone think this is a bad idea? I don't see how my 1 5/8 pipe can bend once the concrete gets hard inside of it. Joe

Moved from the General area.

No need for the mast/Curved pipe if you are going to mount the motor directly to a pole in the ground. 1 5/8" should work if filled with concrete. I routinely use 2" pipe with no problem. I also fill my poles with concrete : )

I discovered a major problem in motor control. This would be that the old motor worked fine through the Diplexer's, but the new Stab motor did not work until I bypassed the Diplexer's. Signal was not a problem in either case, but the motor would not move until I removed the diplexers. Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)