mounting pole

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotshot12345

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
WA, USA
I understand that it has to be plumb. My question is is there a difference between adjusting the plumb with vs without the dish attached. The reason I asked is I initially mounted the pole plumb without the dish. Now I just had to adjust the pole but I left the dish attached to the pole.

Thanks.

Sometimes the dish, especially when attached to a motor, will pull the pole slightly due to the weight. Ideally, you want the pole to be plumb with the dish and motor (if applicable) attached. If there is no motor, a perfectly plumb pole is not as crucial, as adjustments may be made to dish azimuth and elevation to correct for the pole. With a motorized system, this is not possible, as the dish must track the entire arc of satellites across the sky perfectly. Therefore, on a motorized setup, you want the pole (and more importantly the motor and motor bracket) to be absolutely level when everything is attached.

Last edited:
mount the pole plumb....aim the dish/motor....then check it again....it obviously needs to be plumb after the installation is complete....

one thing to remember is....its the motor bracket that needs to be level....not the pole itself....

use a small level and make sure your motors bracket is level after you snug all the bolts....if it is not level then you need to adjust the mounting pole until the motors bracket is level....

edit....just saw tron said the same thing....lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts