Mourning Tears Knee; Career Likely Over

When did 'Zo tear up his knee? This is the first I've heard of this. This would be very sad considering 'Zo had his kidney replaced a few years ago.

In tonight's game. Yep coming back from the transplant back in 2003 was tough, but at his age now this may actually be tougher; he was heard saying "I will not go off on that stretcher", and "its over man, its all over!"

As much as he is not liked on the court, NO ATHLETE has given more to the community of Miami and ALL of South Florida than Zo'. IT is sad because he had said at the beginning of the season that this was more or less his last season....and now to go out like this, too bad.:(

torn patella tendon.....what a shame. the guy is as classy as they come!

I did some charity work with the Heat through the school I coach baseball, and the ONLY athlete that actually stayed during the whole function was 'Zo. We had a ton of baseball players(including A-Rod) and they all made their cameo appearance...stayed a couple of hour and booked quietly without a peep. 'Zo stayed for ALL 4 hours of the event, pleasantly miggled(with his beautiful with Tracey Mourning) with EVERYONE, had NO problems taking pics to signing autographs...just an all around classy couple. And he has done it for 3 years IN A ROW....EVEN when he was playing with Jersey!

his comeback from kidney transplant was nothing short of amazing, in my book. even after he was resigned as shaq's back-up, then filled in while the disel has been injured, he gave his all every night and every game. i hope the heat will retire his number and throw him a huge thank-you party!

Competitor anyone? This guy always played his heart out on the court, so sad to see his career end this way.

Only 2 ways for a true warrior to go out. Walking off the field of battle with your injury, or with the championship trophy in your hand. He got his championship, and refused a cart last night. A true warrior. Gave it all in everything he did. I'll miss him.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)