"Move address"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Added question that I have....

I'll add a question to this instead of a new thread;
I called the CSR nad had them change my 'service address' to a town near me that carries my desired local channels.
Now. do I have to do anything on my side? Turn off receiver for x amount of minutes? Change anything in the Dish Menu? How long will it take before I see my new locals?

Last edited:
I'll add a question to this instead of a new thread;
I called the CSR nad had them change my 'service address' to a town near me that carries my desired local channels.
Now. do I have to do anything on my side? Turn off receiver for x amount of minutes? Change anything in the Dish Menu? How long will it take before I see my new locals?

I've tried doing it 3x and all that has happened each time is I lost the guide info for the existing locals. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

I've tried doing it 3x and all that has happened each time is I lost the guide info for the existing locals. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.
Are the locals that you are trying to receive on a spotbeam that you can receive?

Sometimes during the move the CSR doesn't add the new locals even though they say they do.

I've tried doing it 3x and all that has happened each time is I lost the guide info for the existing locals.
Do you mean you lose the locals for the city that you "used" to live in before you "moved" ?? If so, you're doing nothing wrong. That's the way it is. You can't get locals for (2) cities. As also mentioned, you have to move to a city whose locals broadcast off of a satellite that you see.

Do you mean you lose the locals for the city that you "used" to live in before you "moved" ?? If so, you're doing nothing wrong. That's the way it is. You can't get locals for (2) cities. As also mentioned, you have to move to a city whose locals broadcast off of a satellite that you see.

I know I should loose the guide info for the locals from Dish. But aren't you supposed to keep the OTA guide listings?

Both Chicago and LA are on 129 and not spotbeams. I do see good signal on the respective TPs.

The HD LA locals are on 129. The Sd ones are at 119. Which are you trying to receive? Is it possible that you don't have them mapped down correctly in your 622?

I know I should loose the guide info for the locals from Dish. But aren't you supposed to keep the OTA guide listings?

IF dish would write the software the way they should but since they don't you only get OTA guide info for "your" dish locals.

Perhaps I read this wrong. i thought that you could not see the locals . it seems that you a re complaining about guide data not the locals. My mistake.

Last edited:
What I was attempting to do was receive the HD locals from dish for either LA or Chicago or anyplace else that Dish transmits the FOX HD local. Dish and Tribune have been locked up for 1 year in coming to terms for the retrans of the Fox HD signal in Seattle. The signal for FOX (KCPQ OTA) is very hard for me to pick up consistently.

I'd be very happy to just get the signal from some other city but still need to get the OTA guide info for KCPQ OTA to facilitate recording Seahawks and other NFL games.

That's more info than anyone probably wanted to know. I just can't figure out why when I have attempted to move it doesn't work for me but seems to have worked without any hassle for others. There has to be a reason. I had just decided to to let it ride until FIOS becomes a reality (guestimate=1 year) but then 4.03 came and the OTA signal for KCPQ degraded (oddly while all the others improved).

I am new to all this. Could someone explain in simple detail how a person currently in Providence, RI for example, could get the locals (including HD) from nearby Boston, MA, for example. Many thanks!

Tell them you've moved to Boston and give them an address for their. Explain that this is your *service* address and that your bills need to continue going to the current address.... Your parents still live there and they pay the bills.... (doesn't matter but if they send your bills to this new, bogus address, you'll have problems). Or, switch to electronic billing so there is no paper bills.

Interestingly enough, I assumed I would lose the guide data for my OTA locals when I moved, however that wasnt the case at all. On the 622 I have the satelitte "locals" from my service addy, and still have the guide data for the local OTA as well. Was a nice surprise!

So the next step is just call them and say you don't see the locals? After that does the OTA guide just reappear?

Yes. I signed up for NYC locals and it wasn't added during the initial move call. I called back and another CSR added it.

I have E* HD locals and still my Richmond,VA OTA locals with correct guide data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)