"Move" Complete (~1 Yr Later); Two Lingering Questions

sterbz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
It took me over a year, but I finally performed my "move" to Detroit this afternoon. I am physically located in metro-PHX, and have a Dish 1000+ installed (been functioning fine under normal PHX market settings for almost a year). I was all excited with my "master plan" finally coming to fruition, until I realized that Detroit HD locals are no longer carried on the 118.75 sat...it used to be that they were, without a spotbeam :( So, before proceeding with anything else, I wanted to make sure I understood the current situation completely.

A summary of the 2 markets:

DET Locals:
Type Sat Transponder SB
HD 129 14 23
HD 61.5 03 10
SD 110 26 13
SD 110 12 13
SD 61.5 07 10

PHX Locals:
Type Sat Transponder SB
HD 110 18 35
SD 110 20 35

Questions:
1. Am I now unable to get Detroit locals (HD or SD) since every option is spotbeamed?
2. Is the best option to retain Phoenix HD locals still through the usage of an OTA UHF antenna?

I have FSN-Detroit and Big Ten Network, so I am somewhat happy, but I'm pretty bummed that it looks like I won't be able to get any regional games on local Detroit stations, as used to be the case.

Thanks

P.S. - Watching MSU@UM on CBS Regional HD (not aired nationally), and getting the Red Wings@Coyotes game tonight on FSN-Detroit (not being aired on FSN-Arizona) pushed me over the edge today...

It used to be an open topic of discussion. I guess that has changed as well.

I've seen nothing that said that "moving" was a closed topic, anywhere. As answer to your questions, what robstudio said!

Thanks for the prompt replies. Of course, now the Lions are finally looking decent. LOL.

Last edited:
Detroit locals havent been on 118 for a while now. In fact all the 118 locals are gone to other satellites (and on spotbeams)
77W has some locals on Conus still

Iceberg can correct me of course, it is my understanding posting about "Moving" is ok. Describing your actual physical location and making it clear you have violated rules and are not where you moved to was not ok....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)