Move hopper to another room

So this one should be fine? What is the benefit of swapping these out? Or I guess I should ask what will it improve versus leaving what I have now with one output uncapped?
IMG_2224.JPG

Reactions: charlesrshell
So this one should be fine? What is the benefit of swapping these out? Or I guess I should ask what will it improve versus leaving what I have now with one output uncapped?
View attachment 135308

Yes that should work.

Have you been having any trouble with the Joeys dropping connection of pixelating? If not then changing the splitters probably will make no noticeable difference.

It would be a good idea to add a terminator to that open port so it's protected from water intrusion and doesn't 'leak' MoCA. Also, if that all is outside like it looks like I'd get it up out of the mud and preferably put it all in a plastic box or enclosure. I'd also put those little rubber coax seals on each connection to better keep the water out, especially if you don't put it in a box.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes you can move the hopper, I did it successfully without a charge, keep the hopper in the room you want it to be in and run a 75 foot ethernet cord to the room where the hopper was that is the access point, the hopper will think that it is in that room even though it’s not dish hasn’t put a limit on it’s ethernet cord to access point, I would take a vantage of this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)