Moved and got Hopper installed - Now I have no HD locals (DIRT)

DJ-phYre

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Sterlington, LA
DIRT,

I recently moved and had Dish Network service established at my new house today with the latest Hopper/Joey hardware. To my surprise, I was not getting HD locals.

After chatting with a CSR briefly, it appears they may not be available at my new location. I moved 15 miles to the next town and they're gone?!

I had HD locals at my old house... (Moving from Monroe, LA to Sterlington LA)

Is there anything I can do? This is pretty much a deal breaker for me... I can't even use Primetime Anytime!

Hopefully they set you up on an Eastern Arc dish as Monroe HD is on 61.5 only

But do you get ANY HD? (like national channels)
Also I did send a note for DIRT to check out the thread to see if they could help

Yes, I get HD on other channels. I am going to try and call the company that did the install. They were already closed by the time I realized I didn't have them. I went to check on my Primetime Anytime recordings and they weren't there :(

It looks like it is pointed at 110 W... is that the issue?

The dish needs to be pointed SE to get the HD locals (which are on 61.5)
If its pointed SW then yes thats the issue. SD locals are on 110 but HD locals (and the SD ones that arent) are on 61.5

Sounds like they set you up on Western Arc (110/119/129) which will get you the HD national channels....just no locals. You need Eastern Arc which will get everything you need

So I've been playing phone tag with Dish and my installers this morning and it appears that local HD channels are just not offered in the area. My other account in Monroe (literally 12 miles away) is still active and the rep can see that local channels are provided in HD, but do not see them on the account in Sterlington.

So I've been playing phone tag with Dish and my installers this morning and it appears that local HD channels are just not offered in the area. My other account in Monroe (literally 12 miles away) is still active and the rep can see that local channels are provided in HD, but do not see them on the account in Sterlington.

That doesn't make any sense. Let the dish team here do some digging for you.

I see one zip code for Sterlington. The Dish Website shows you should get all the HD locals, from Monroe, even with that Zip Code. It would appear they installed the wrong satellites!! Unless you don't have a line of sight to the 61.5 satellite. But they should have explained that if true.

I see one zip code for Sterlington. The Dish Website shows you should get all the HD locals, from Monroe, even with that Zip Code. It would appear they installed the wrong satellites!!

Zip Code is 71280 in Ouachita Parish.

I think he simply installed the satellite where the previous owner had one. I wish I would have checked before the installer left.

Last edited:
Installer called back and said it was a LOS issue... funny how they didn't tell me that during the installation. I honestly think he was lazy and just reused the mount from the previous owner's DISH.

They are supposed to be sending out a "manager" for a second opinion.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Installer called back and said it was a LOS issue... funny how they didn't tell me that during the installation. I honestly think he was lazy and just reused the mount from the previous owner's DISH.

They are supposed to be sending out a "manager" for a second opinion.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Let us know how things go please

Manager came out today. They are supposed to have another Tech out tomorrow to fix the DISH.

It was the previous installer being lazy and using the existing dish and mount.

Tech came out this afternoon and installed a new DISH in the rain. HD locals are coming in, just need to force the guide to update. :)

Thanks everyone for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts