moved and now no locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slavepupy

Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
i was living in macon georgia and moved to mobile alabama. i have the 3 lnb oval dish at my new house. when i hooked everything up i cannot get anything local except for georgia public television.. and im in alabama..
i have two houses but one account (to save money lol) and am using the receivers from georgia in alabama now.
is there some way to get the locals here also?

Just to clarify....are you still wanting your GA locals, the AL locals, or are you wanting both? If you are wanting both local markets on your rcvr's....not possible, you can only have one local market.

If you've been getting your GA locals, you still should have them even in AL as long as you are in the spot beam area. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Your locals must be on spot beams?
At your new location you can't pick them up.
By the book nothing you can do, is it possible to pick up the locals (ALA) via OTA antenna?

i was wanting the ga locals.. but alabama ones would be ok also.. i thought that i might be on a different spotbeam here in mobile but what didnt make sense to me was i was still getting ga public television. im pretty sure if i call directv to get the local alabama channels they are going to say something to the effect of i cant have receivers in two locations..

i was wanting the ga locals.. but alabama ones would be ok also.. i thought that i might be on a different spotbeam here in mobile but what didnt make sense to me was i was still getting ga public television. im pretty sure if i call directv to get the local alabama channels they are going to say something to the effect of i cant have receivers in two locations..
Don't tell them anything unneeded. Just tell them your install address has changed, and they will switch your locals to your new zip code.

Hopefully, you will be able to pick up the AL locals when you are back in GA.

My locals at my main residence are actually my locals when I'm at my secondary residence. That sounds confusing :D

Slavepupy

If you change your "service" address so you get locals in Alabama and someone "back home" tries and gets "locals" they will no longer be able to PROBABLY, because then they will be out of the Alabama local spotbeam coverage. It sorta works both ways PROBABLY. Since we don't have access to Directv's spotbeam maps its all a mystery. IF you want locals in both places...2 accounts! More money!

If you're getting a pbs station that you received in Georgia, PERHAPS that channel is not spotbeamed. Odd, but its the only explanation.

How far are you from "home" 1 to "home" 2?

Bruce

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)