"Moved"; may need repair

Compulov

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
So, I "moved" last year so I can get SNY for the Mets games (stupid really, I live on the border of NYC and Philly Markets and can get both from Comcast, but I digress). When I do a system info, my 61.5 LNB shows that drift was detected (e -9). Things work fairly well for now (I tend to lose signal on 61.5 when 110/119 can keep it, but it only happens during nasty thunderstorms and only once so far this summer). I'm a fairly new customer and still have the free DHPP. Am I correct in assuming I will need to "move back" temporarily before I call repair? Is there any chance I can deal with my local installer directly to resolve the issue, or is the only way going to be to get an authorization directly through Dish? Will I get a hassle from Dish moving and then moving back, or calling to move then calling for repair right away?

Thanks!

Or you could buy a new lnb from your local retailer and replace it yourself, nobody's the wiser.

Yes, you will have to move back, get it fixed, then move again. Take your chances.

Or you could buy a new lnb from your local retailer and replace it yourself, nobody's the wiser.

Yes, you will have to move back, get it fixed, then move again. Take your chances.

why keep moving? if SNY isn't his primary RSN, just order the sportspack if he's on Mets' territory and he should be all set

why keep moving? if SNY isn't his primary RSN, just order the sportspack if he's on Mets' territory and he should be all set

I wish, but SNY gets blacked out even if I order the sports pack. I'm considered to be in the Phillies territory.

I'd replace the LNB myself if it were a practical matter for me to do so. The problem is that the dish is just out of reach (or at least getting to the LNB safely is out of reach)... without a ladder that is. I'm in a condo(m), and I'd rather not have one of my... friendly... neighbors get the association up my butt (they require professional installers with their insurance on file with them to satisfy their rules). Pick my battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts