"Moved" NYC... Heard about Atl...

Split off the OTA coax and input them into your HD receiver then scan them. You can have them on both that way.

I have the FTA going straight to my VIP622, I dont have the coax going into my DLP off of the FTA...i just would rather not have to use the FTA at all,looks like Tampa HD's are due in the second quarter of 08 anyway, so it will be a non issue soon

I have the FTA going straight to my VIP622, I dont have the coax going into my DLP off of the FTA...i just would rather not have to use the FTA at all,looks like Tampa HD's are due in the second quarter of 08 anyway, so it will be a non issue soon

Ok, first off you do not FTA, that stands for Free To Air which is a type of satellite receiver which receives the unscrabled channels to view without pay for the service. OTA (over the air) is the free local channels by use of a standard tv antenna. Your posts will be a lot less confusing when you learn the proper terms. If it turns out you really do mean FTA, I cannot see why you would have it hooked through two receivers when the second will not allow you to put the channels into the system nor let you pass thru to the tv either. The posts come off rather confusing.

Just a side note, I do not understand why so many people do not want to have their locals supplied via OTA when you get more HD channels at no charge, (which also look better than Dish supplied HD) and should your local HD also be available via Dish, you have the opportunity to record three local HD channels at the same time by use of the two sat tuners and the one OTA tuner.

oh, sorry for the misuse of the proper terms, I apologize...I am kind of new to the technical side of all this stuff...okay, I do have an OTA, ran through my VIP622...The reason why I want it through Dish is because, I dont want to bother putting a large antenna on the house...with the MANT410, it comes in alright with my HD locals, it is just a bit of an eyesore in the room

oh, sorry for the misuse of the proper terms, I apologize...I am kind of new to the technical side of all this stuff...okay, I do have an OTA, ran through my VIP622...The reason why I want it through Dish is because, I dont want to bother putting a large antenna on the house...with the MANT410, it comes in alright with my HD locals, it is just a bit of an eyesore in the room

I'm also sorry if I came on a bit strong. It's hard to help someone when the situation is not fully understood. As far as moving, you could check the Dish channel list for a close dma near you and see what HD locals would be available to the sats you already see. You call Dish and change your service address (kind of tricky as you need a valid physical address but one not already used by a current Dish customer, but keep your current address as a billing address (so you can still receive your bills). Once the service address is changed you ask to have your locals changed to the one in the corresponding dma. The csr just has to turn off your current locals and turn on your new one. If you need more info, just do a search under topic of 'moving'. Hope this helps.

yes that helps alot, thank you very much..now to find a physical address in another DMA, this should be fun!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)