Moved to Direct TV after 8 years at Dish.

If D* did not charge such a high premium for their HD receivers I would go that route. I am not thrilled with E* at the moment but will wait and see what the big announcements are in February (maybe they will buy out Voom). If nothing there, Comca$t is offering a pretty sweet "win back" deal.

video62 said:
This post pretty much sums up my move from E* to D*...

Oh, man, that sounds great! Can you pull the web-based trick with the HD DirecTivo DVR, too? Can you offload the recorded programs to permanently archive them? That'd be the final nails in E*'s coffin.

I'll have to call D* and see if I can get distant nets, superstations, etc., etc., from here in Rodeo, NM ... if so, I think E* is history, even if my mobile receiver won't get NFL Sunday Ticket!

Thanks for that info!

Terry

astrotrf said:
Oh, man, that sounds great! Can you pull the web-based trick with the HD DirecTivo DVR, too? Can you offload the recorded programs to permanently archive them? That'd be the final nails in E*'s coffin!
I can't speak for the HD DirecTivo gear, but I can pull shows from my DirecTivos to a PC if I want... I even have (forgot to mention this in the other post) the ability to steam shows from my DirecTivo onto my PC and watch them in a 'media player' application - I think that's pretty slick too.

If you want to wander around in the Tivo hacker forums give a look at message boards link at this website... specifically, the section Extraction, Insertion, & Streaming Support should answer some of your offload questions; search their forums for HR10-250 via a 'titles only' search and you should turn up some general topics about hacking the HD DirecTivo. Go through all of the topmost topics in the 'Newbie' forum to get up to speed before asking any questions.

That forum is what got me started down the Tivo hacking road. And, in case anyone is wondering, that site does not have any info on how to steal services... I pay my DirecTV bill each month just like most others do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts