Mover: How much to ask for...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tampa Satman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
Texas
First off thanks to all of the constant contributors on the forum, I am a frequent visitor and enjoy keeping up on the latest information and tech notes.
I am in the D* movers plan, if you want to call it that :) and I have been with D* since 2002.
The account in suspension until we close on the house and get hooked back up. Yesterday I called the mover’s number to setup installation at the new house. All the receivers are packed away in a commercial mover’s warehouse until we indicate we want the contents of the house delivered. I am installing seven (7) flat panels on one wall and I asked for one HD DVR and 6 HD receivers. The Movers rep stated D* could provide 1 HD DVR and 3 HD receivers with a 3 year extension. I hesitantly agreed still asking for three more HD receivers. The date was set for the install. I also advised the Movers rep a 5X8 multiswitch and a DECA was needed. The Movers rep put the notes in the order.
I am wiring the house myself for the install, the D* installer will need to install the 5LNB Slimline, the DECA and the receivers. The rest will already be wired, coax from antenna to multiswitch then coax to receivers, CAT 5, etc etc…I have done all this before.
In the movers van are 3 HD DVR, 2 HD receivers (these are spoken for in other parts of the house) in addition 7 SD receivers that I will be shipping back to D* once they are unpacked. Also in the movers truck is my 5X16 and a 5X8 multiswitch. The Movers rep was educated of these details.
My question really is this can I request or demand 3 more HD receivers? Also, 3 years MORE with D* seems extreme, isn’t 24 months the norm? Also could I call back a day or two before the install, and get a retention rep that would add three more HD receivers from D*… I hate to pay for something that I know I can get for free at this point. Yes my typical bill is around $220/month. :)

Thanks all!
Satman

First off thanks to all of the constant contributors on the forum, I am a frequent visitor and enjoy keeping up on the latest information and tech notes.
I am in the D* movers plan, if you want to call it that :) and I have been with D* since 2002.
The account in suspension until we close on the house and get hooked back up. Yesterday I called the mover’s number to setup installation at the new house. All the receivers are packed away in a commercial mover’s warehouse until we indicate we want the contents of the house delivered. I am installing seven (7) flat panels on one wall and I asked for one HD DVR and 6 HD receivers. The Movers rep stated D* could provide 1 HD DVR and 3 HD receivers with a 3 year extension. I hesitantly agreed still asking for three more HD receivers. The date was set for the install. I also advised the Movers rep a 5X8 multiswitch and a DECA was needed. The Movers rep put the notes in the order.
I am wiring the house myself for the install, the D* installer will need to install the 5LNB Slimline, the DECA and the receivers. The rest will already be wired, coax from antenna to multiswitch then coax to receivers, CAT 5, etc etc…I have done all this before.
In the movers van are 3 HD DVR, 2 HD receivers (these are spoken for in other parts of the house) in addition 7 SD receivers that I will be shipping back to D* once they are unpacked. Also in the movers truck is my 5X16 and a 5X8 multiswitch. The Movers rep was educated of these details.
My question really is this can I request or demand 3 more HD receivers? Also, 3 years MORE with D* seems extreme, isn’t 24 months the norm? Also could I call back a day or two before the install, and get a retention rep that would add three more HD receivers from D*… I hate to pay for something that I know I can get for free at this point. Yes my typical bill is around $220/month. :)

Thanks all!
Satman

A couple of points: The longest commitment is 24 months, there shouldn't be a 3 year deal. Second, the 5x8 multiswitch won't work with hd. Third, you are asking for more equipment than is normal, whether for a new customer or any other situation. The best offer I am aware of is one hd dvr and 3 hd receivers for free, and that's a very good deal! Good luck!

A couple of points: The longest commitment is 24 months, there shouldn't be a 3 year deal. Second, the 5x8 multiswitch won't work with hd. Third, you are asking for more equipment than is normal, whether for a new customer or any other situation. The best offer I am aware of is one hd dvr and 3 hd receivers for free, and that's a very good deal! Good luck!

That is a generous offer. I have had D* since Mar 1995 and when I went to upgrade to HD, the offered me a $200 price with a new two year agreement...The 2 year commitment didn't hurt, I never plan to leave but, the $200 for a leased receiver that I do not own make no sense.....The new customer get all of the up-to-date eq for free but, I have to pay since I have been a customer for almost 16 years...amazing...I didn't need an installer, that's what I do, I didn't need their Slim Line, I already had one installed...The best they could do was $100..I went an alternate route and didn't pay a penny...Their stinking policies sometimes irks me to no end....Sure penalize me for having your service for 15 years and retailing/installing more than 15,000 of your subs...My back is starting to hurt from carrying them for all of these years....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)