Mover's Deal: Serious Mishap

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peelpub94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Spent 45 minutes processing a move order on 10/31 at 1.866.923.1994

Called in today to confirm my appt time (8-12) the dumb idiots never processed the order after my phone call with "Javier".. and after speaking to a supervisor there is literally nothing they can do to escalate my issue.

It has been an absolute nightmare dealing with Directv since the ATT merger. I didn't have to keep Directv, but being a customer since 1999 + enjoying the service, I decided to stay with it.

I am currently on hold processing another order and am absolutely furious.

Is there really no other recourse?

Ordered Center Ice on the website, 15 times. It never added to my account, even though I had the confirmation emails. Went to chat support which was infinitely better than phone support. What a drag.

Did you try using the chat to order the movers connection? Sounds like you have had better luck with them.

Reactions: peelpub94
I thought about it, but considering the possible complexity of the order- I thought it would be easier to hash it out on the phone.

It's a real shame that their customer service is ending up this way coming out of a merger. It is said that most mergers take 12-24 months to see actual integration and cost benefits, and sadly I don't believe we are seeing either on the customer side of the AT&T / DirecTV merger.

My best advice would be to try and keep the rep on the phone until you can see and compare your order on their website to what you asked for.
I recently moved and they did place the order, but it took 3 calls to get the right equipment (RVU installs) listed on the order.
Ultimately the order ended up with C61k(s) and RVU(s) on it together, and I left it for the tech to adjust when he finished the install.

It's a real shame that their customer service is ending up this way coming out of a merger. It is said that most mergers take 12-24 months to see actual integration and cost benefits, and sadly I don't believe we are seeing either on the customer side of the AT&T / DirecTV merger.

My best advice would be to try and keep the rep on the phone until you can see and compare your order on their website to what you asked for.
I recently moved and they did place the order, but it took 3 calls to get the right equipment (RVU installs) listed on the order.
Ultimately the order ended up with C61k(s) and RVU(s) on it together, and I left it for the tech to adjust when he finished the install.

So here's how the rest of the day unfolded:

From calling the movers hotline and not being able to do anything there and having the rep correct me when I stated I've been a customer since 98, he then said "well '99".. THE GUY TRIED TO CORRECT AN ALREADY PISSED OF CUSTOMER! HOLY sh*t. I said enough and hung up. Called again, spoke to Daniel, explained the situation, much more understanding, he got me to his supervisor who was basically a brick wall and said there's nothing she can do. Got back to Daniel to process the move order again, he then got back with supervisor to see if they can reach out to dispatch to coordinate a same day install. About 30 minutes later they transferred me to a Phillip in dispatch and confirmed that a local installer would arrive today between 12-4.

A gentleman named Jack from Mastac who is actually from PA was transferred to NY to help with the work load. Super nice guy and pretty experienced. Had all the right equipment and promptly got the dish on. This was a 5 TV install with all pre ran wires but for some reason the HR54 was giving us all kinds of trouble every time we'd enter the PIN code to authorize the rest of the clients. It would give a message about interference and it was originally thought to be a bad cable issue. But all 4 lines? So he switched out both splitters and replaced one line and got one set working, but then the 2nd set did the same thing. It turns out the HR54 was having software issues and needed to be reset after each authorization to generate a new PIN for the next client. The poor guy was here for 6.5 hours to do what should have been a simple install.

Just an absolute nightmare of a day but in the end, I have my system all setup.

yea, software issues can make an easy day into a nightmare. but it sounds like your installer was alright, which is good. hopefully you wont have to call them again for a long time heh.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)