transponders for nfl sunday ticket?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
anyone know what transponders on what satellites are used for the nfl package?is there a list anywhere,besides lyngsat, for all the the dtv satellite transponders for hd channles?

Does Sunday ticket use the same transponders as the networks when distributing the regional games to affiliates. Or are they closed network feeds.

good question.since the game mix channles are only avaliable on hd i would think the transponders would be the same as in the package.since the locals are on different transponders the feed is probably the same as the nfl package .

good question.since the game mix channles are only avaliable on hd i would think the transponders would be the same as in the package.since the locals are on different transponders the feed is probably the same as the nfl package .

Locals are on their own and are a different animal than national HD channels as locals are spot beamed.

Does Sunday ticket use the same transponders as the networks when distributing the regional games to affiliates. Or are they closed network feeds.

They are on their own transponders if I remember right. DirecTV gets the feeds via fiber from the NFL and those feeds are special syndicated feeds from the NFL. From there they are uplinked to their own transponders for Sunday Ticket. I don't remember what transponders off hand but they do rotate on occasion based upon the needs of ongoing content like additional MLB, NBA, NHL games that are ongoing. Sometimes they will steal a PPV channel for a few hours if there is a lot of concurrent sports programming going on.

They change all the time. Not on the same transponders each week.

The TPN Maps are posted each Wednesday, so you need to look in the 'Hybrid' tab of the Excel to find the SundayTicket channels. They will be shown under the "Ka Offline" [HD] or "Ku Offline" [SD] headings. Each week these pre-configured channels are toggled from Offline to Active for their Sunday duty, then toggled back to Offline to wait for another week. The assignments do not change.

Sunday ticket feeds are MUCH MUCH better picture than local channel feeds (probably due to multiple iterations of compression). Also the Sunday ticket channels don't have the station ID bug at the top of the hour. They have network commercials so I'm not sure if they get the feeds directly from the stadiums (unless they add those there but I wouldn't think that). They also have "you are watching NFL Sunday ticket" when there is a local ID slide. I'd wager feeds from CBS and FOX, but I'm not necessarily privy to that info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)