Moving 1 HDD between 2 vip211 Receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
I have two vip211 receivers on my account. Can I record on one, switch the hdd to the other receiver and watch on that one?

Joe

Just don't be in a hurry when you do the move. If the 211 you are connecting to didn't have a drive connected previously, once it detects the drive it will want to download the software to support the EHD then reboot then download the guide information. Then when you unplug the drive it will want to download the software to convert itself back to a non EHD connected 211, reboot and then download the guide.

Same thing with the 211 you removed it from. Allow 10 -15 minutes for the process each time you make the change and /or switch a drive between two 211 receivers.

I didn't even know this was possible. I know on the 622/722/612 it's not allowed. You'll get a message that the drive is already being used with a different receiver. Unless of course something has changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts