Moving 5 more RSN's to CONUS means....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

themilkman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Directv will have, and plans to use the free space for more HD NHL center ice and NBA league pass games, Dtv plans to bring more of them in soon.

trying to decipher your post here....not sure where the 5 came from as 13 rsn's were switched to conus this week for games only. i believe that brings the total rsn's on conus now to 27 including the 9 full-time channels.

and it had been directv's intention that there would be more hd hockey and basketball games this season. directv's robert mercer told us that in august or september.

I think that what the OP means is that some of the RSNs were being broadcast in HD already and others are being delivered in HD for the first time.

Since they are being moved from spot beams to CONUS, I doubt that will effect the bandwidth for Center Ice or League Pass. More likely it will allow Directv to add additional HD locals.

Since they are being moved from spot beams to CONUS, I doubt that will effect the bandwidth for Center Ice or League Pass. More likely it will allow Directv to add additional HD locals.
LOL ok, they will because Dtv said they will use the BW for the 2 sports subs, its not a speculation.

It doesn't make any sense for Center Ice or League Pass to be on spotbeams. They need CONUS beams (one of the reasons all the RSNs are moving).
That’s not what I said, the free bandwidth created by moving them from that satellite will be used to provide more HD channels. I kind of find it annoying when people try to say Oh that’s not true when I took the time to post it and it came from DTV.

That’s not what I said, the free bandwidth created by moving them from that satellite will be used to provide more HD channels. I kind of find it annoying when people try to say Oh that’s not true when I took the time to post it and it came from DTV.

But SW1 and 2 are spotbeam only, so the bandwidth created by moving the RSNs may be used for additional local channels in HD but that won't affect Center Ice or League Pass, which need to be on CONUS beams. Having more RSNs on CONUS will help for Center Ice and League Pass, assuming they aren't be limited to MPEG2, like Sunday Ticket is (this year).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)